The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somethin doesn't seem right - first 1,000 miles and I needed new rear tires. Now I'm an 2,200 and its almost time again. This isn't right, is it?

Sure I like to push her a little - but no track time, burnouts, or very fast driving. Any input/advice would be much appreciated.

Oh, and they are factory A048s.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Somethin doesn't seem right - first 1,000 miles and I needed new rear tires. Now I'm an 2,200 and its almost time again. This isn't right, is it?

Sure I like to push her a little - but no track time, burnouts, or very fast driving. Any input/advice would be much appreciated.

Oh, and they are factory A048s.
... Not very informative...

Are they worn unevenly?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
yes they are worn evenly. Fronts are wearing evenly and normally as well. Cold pressure at 25 psi.

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Yeah it sounds a little short in mileage but the 048 wear pretty quick mine only lasted like 3000 miles on Florida roads. I put on the toyo 888 and they are wearing much better with the same grip as far as I can tell. It is usually the passenger side rear that wears first in the center. I run now 26 psi in the rear and the wear is more even. Getting new tires stinks, hope it works out better for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts