The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a shipper for a 260s coming from San Jose Ca and going to Austin,Texas

·
Registered
93 Posts
Try sending Hayes at Wirewheel an email. They do a lot of shipping and might recommend someone specific or at least a good broker.

If not, just find someone with enclosed shipping and verify good insurance.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Horseless Carriage is the gold standard. If you have an account on FerrariChat and mention that they offer a nice discount.

Congrats on the new car. What did you buy?.

I also have to leave the obligatory comment to fly out and drive it back. Best way to get to know the car and be sure it gets home safely.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
I like Passport. Used them a lot.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Do not consider DAS - Dependable Auto Shippers.

Very poor.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's over 1700 miles .. so i'm not doing that but appreciate everyone's enthusiasm. I bought a 2010 260S in gray exterior with black, red and gray alcantara interior..

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Then that's even better than a S260, that's a Sport 260. Very nice. Be sure to check out the Exige Sport 260 Registry thread if you haven't already. Google that and it'll come up.

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
It's over 1700 miles .. so i'm not doing that but appreciate everyone's enthusiasm. I bought a 2010 260S in gray exterior with black, red and gray alcantara interior..
Post up pics when you get it.

San

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A friend that buys landcruisers and nissan safaris told me about Uship.. he said it was a brokerage servie so I question who'll actually be moving the car.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
I like Passport. Used them a lot.
I have had good service from Passport. Mister Pass invented the type of truck now used in the racing and transport games.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I've had nothing but great experiences with Intercity Lines! Best prices that I've ever found for high-end transport, plus they have always been on time.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Avoid using a broker. You'll get ripped off. Seriously. When I shipped my Lotus from Vegas to Saratoga, the broker didn't do anything to help me out. I ended up contacting the trucker who actually had my car on board, and he was flabbergasted when he heard what I paid because he received about 40% of it.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Avoid using a broker. You'll get ripped off. Seriously. When I shipped my Lotus from Vegas to Saratoga, the broker didn't do anything to help me out. I ended up contacting the trucker who actually had my car on board, and he was flabbergasted when he heard what I paid because he received about 40% of it.
And you might wind up with Bubba and his girlfriend Darlene. When I sold my TR4, the buyer went with a broker. I was glad it was not my car anymore when these folks showed up with their broken-down heap of an open hauler. They proceeded to put it on backwards. These cars are barely waterproof when driven forwards.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I purchased my exige from Massachusetts and had it shipped to California, I went with Intercity Lines and will do it again if I had to. The driver text me fairly frequently letting me know the update on his location, and when it finally got here he was earlier than the meet time. Also they write down every scratch, dent, chip that's on the car so you won't have to worry about any damages and if you're a 6speed (online forum that's free to join) member they give you a discount.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts