The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, can anyone please tell me what color this is? Also does anybody have any other pictures of this color? The photography is very flattering and I want to know if the color looks like this in real life.

Thanks in advance!

-Mike

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Polar Blue?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's an '05 car if that helps. I looked at other Polar Blue pictures and they don't seem to compare at all to what my eye sees.

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
There was Nightfall Blue, Magnetic Blue, & Laser Blue in 2005. It doesn't look like any of those colors. Maybe it's the camera or a custom color. It looks really pretty. Has a hint of purple in it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In case these make it any easier. My main concern is that it doesn't look like any other of the colors and I'm worried that it's a trick of the light and I'll like it less when I manage to go and see it.

Thanks for the help so far...

-Mike

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Laser Blue according to the dealer who is selling it.
It looks closest to that color, although on my screen a bit lighter and not as bright. Almost dull.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Johnny. I didn't see that on their website anywhere. Have you seen the car or are you familiar with the dealership?

Thanks, -Mike

·
Registered
284 Posts
Silly question, but why doesn't the seller know? To me it looks like lazer blue.

Here's a lazer in the background and a magnetic blue in the foreground:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm starting to feel like I need to see this color in person. There seems to be a lot of 'flop' in the color based on the Google Image Search I just did.

Was this a Lifestyle color or a standard one?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
i have an 06 polar blue elise and that paint looks like mine.it changes color quite a bit depending on the light.it was a real pita to have matched too.i had to spray my hard top,roll hoop cover and exige scoops.it only took 3 or 4 tries by the paint guy to get right.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
here is one of the only shots i have of my car that is small enough to post here.i have some taken outside.but i didnt set my camera to the crappy setting required to post here.this is a shot in my shop with the shop lighting.its a pic i took to show my new no drill scoop mounts.hope this helps. P3190001.JPG

·
Super Moderator
5,461 Posts
here is one of the only shots i have of my car that is small enough to post here.i have some taken outside.but i didnt set my camera to the crappy setting required to post here.this is a shot in my shop with the shop lighting.its a pic i took to show my new no drill scoop mounts.hope this helps. View attachment 121415
You can upload big images to the gallery - LotusTalk Lotus Gallery - it will resize them and provide a link to paste into the thread (also keeps the original if someone wants more details) :)
Is the paint code in the VIN somewhere?
No - the paint code is on the car but not within the VIN.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have laser blue, and those photos look like laser blue to me.
the color is metallic with also a bit of a pearl effect.
look in the gallery on this website, and i have posted a closer picture of one of the corner panels of the car. maybe you can see what i was trying to describe.
yes, i'm partial to laser blue. i ordered the car from the factory as such.
best of luck with your decision.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Look at the other colors in the background, grass, leaves, the green trash cans across the street. The photo's are definitely subdued.

It's Laser Blue.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts