The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've been lurking here from quite some time. I finally registered :D

I was at the LA Tesla dealer and took these photos. At first I thought it was either krypton green or isotope green... but now I not sure after asking around on the Tesla board. I believe it may be "poire green" off the European signature model. So this is very possibly the only car of this color in the US. I even tried calling Tesla corporate offices to try to talk to someone who knew more about the car. They refer to it as "insane green" but I don't believe this is the actual name of the color.

I am desperately seeking the dupont color code for this paint.

here are the pics... taken in low light in the showroom.. no flash.

thank you, any help would be greatly appreciated.

-sam

·
Registered
381 Posts
Sorry, I can't help with the name of the color, but it is really eye catching!! Wow! I like it! :clap:

Good luck!

·
Registered
538 Posts
It's not isotope green but are you sure it's not krypton green? If Lotus paints these cars, I'm willing to bet it is krypton. If Tesla paints these cars then I wouldn't have a clue. Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the first pic looks like KG but the last three dont, looks almost like verde ithica but better
exactly.. i like verde ithaca as well but this color seems much brighter. the lambo color looks slightly washed out or 'dull' in certain lights.

i had my body shop shoot a test panel of krypton green and i think it's a slightly more yellow color than what's on the Tesla.

so there's no chance it's isotope green?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not isotope green but are you sure it's not krypton green? If Lotus paints these cars, I'm willing to bet it is krypton. If Tesla paints these cars then I wouldn't have a clue. Good luck.
on the euro spec Tesla brochure they have a limited edition 'signature' color called "Poire green"

its possible poire green is the same as krypton but I think the base coats have more green in them... its driving me bonkers:crazyeyes

·
Registered
780 Posts
Ok... You were at the TESLA dealer...annnnnnd...you couldn't asks someone there?????

Am I missing something?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry I forget to mention. OF COURSE I asked the reps there the color rotfl

none of them knew they had no clue. I even asked the main tech "bob" that was on duty. He didn't know either.

I had them pop all the doors and hatches to see in the color code was on the vinplate somewhere... no such luck

·
Registered
780 Posts
Ok ...I figured they had to....I wonder if the paint code is in the same place as on our cars. On the side of the frame just below driver side sill.

·
Registered
557 Posts
It's called "Insane Green" -- this car is #100 of the Signature 100 series. It's not equivalent to any standard Lotus neon green that we're used to, it was simply available. I can try and get the Lotus color descriptor if you're interested.

--Paul

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that was the very first place I looked...

I left a message for someone at Tesla who supposedly knows more about this car. I've learned it is a "special car with a special purpose". the purpose however is unknown at this time.

maybe the special purpose is to drive people crazy trying to figure out the dam color code :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
It's called "Insane Green" -- this car is #100 of the Signature 100 series. It's not equivalent to any standard Lotus neon green that we're used to, it was simply available. I can try and get the Lotus color descriptor if you're interested.

--Paul
if you can get me the dupont color code you will be my HERO :D

so are you familiar with the "poire green"? is that something entirely different?

edit: I may have read your post too quickly in excitement... what exactly is a "Lotus color descriptor" ?

·
Registered
557 Posts
"Poire Vert" (Pear Green) appears to be a European-only green option similar to isotope green, perhaps a little darker. it's pretty hard to determine from on-screen color samples. I'll see if I can get the Dupont number for "Insane Green"

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Cant you go into an automotive paint supply store and look in a DuPont catalog for a match?

xtn

·
Registered
557 Posts
The Lotus code is 'B109 Krypton development version 1.' Given that its a in-house one-off there's no equivalent Dupont code. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
that right there would be lime green if I'm not mistaken, could be purple though

1 - 20 of 30 Posts