The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Im looking for someone local around San Diego that can help me install a new brake pedal switch. I’m assuming mine is on its way out based on the research I’ve done on the forum. However, I’ve torn my shoulder and can’t quite contort myself (shoulder tear unrelated to my installation efforts). ? Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Do you mind taking a quick video to post? I am carrying the GRP one as a spare now since I had one failure on a road trip already.
I understand the unit turns 90 degrees and can pull out, but i'm unsure how to remove the clips to swap the wiring harness.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Theres 2 clips on the side of the harness connector. I could remove these with my finger no problem.
Correct it turns 90Degree

The problem I had was that the new one had tight bosses/keys and I wasnt able to turn it by hand.
I needed to get a little spanner on it to get it started. So thats something to keep in mind.
Make sure you rotate it the right direction (though it probably doesnt matter because you can just flip the plug around)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts