The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

i have a silver elise ordered thru a florida dealer and i wanted to get a hardtop for it when the options become apparant.

BUT...i really like the racing style with the fresh air intake scoop on top like i am sure alot of you guys have seen in pics.

my question is , is this hardtop from the factory or an aftermarket and if aftermarket i wonder if it will fit the fed elise???

also where to get it if anybody knows would be appreciated.

i own a sportscar accessories manuf. facility here in georgia and we make some really cool items. i may decide to tinker with some stuff for the elise too :D

here is my website...

http://www.mgwltd.com

thanks
george

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you may be right i just swore i saw some pics of the elise with an exige type hardtop. i know the exige has a rear glass but i thought i saw some cars that just had an exige style top but on an elise body i.e. no glass section in the back

oh well. maybe i am just dreaming :eek:

thanks
george

·
Registered
591 Posts
A little off thread, but...

George's company makes some really nice stuff. I never got around to ordering any of before I sold my Z06, but he got raves and the Corvette boards.

Goerge,

If you get an an Elise, I hope you will find something to make for it. I would think shift knobs would be no problem.

We will need all the help we can get to have some presents to buy for our cars.

Greg

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've seen s Turbo Technics S1 w/ modified clams to look like motorsport elise, w/ full on scoops. Not sure where the clams were done, but if you contact them... they'd probably have a clue.

Sadly, the S1 clams don't fit an S2. An S2 w/ scoops doesn't immediately spring to mind.

Frankly, more work on that sort of thing was done on the S1, which had a much larger production run.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
It could also have been a Motorsports Elise, as they have the air intake roof as well.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
A scoop on the roof of an Elise doesn't do much since the back of the car is different than an Exige or Motorsport Elise. If you replace the rear clam on an Elise with that of an Exige or Motorsport car you would be in business. Awfully expensive though.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Bit of trivia: The roof scoop on the Exige is there to cool the rear glass more than provide fresh air for the engine bay (being that there is no shield between the engine and the rear glass).

That said, take it with a grain of salt - I heard it from an Exige owner who showed me first hand, and it seemed to make sense (I haven't seen any real documention from Lotus on the matter). If you look at the back of the scoop (with the engine bay open), there is no direct air outlet to the engine, it all gets piped along the edge of the rear window.

... and I agree, a scoop on the top of an Elise without an Exige-style rear would look kinda funny - kinda like a roof scoop on a Honda Del Sol. The Motorsport Elise has a fast-back rear like the Exige - maybe that's what you're thinking about?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts