Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had it with stock Exige seat... it's not as grippy as my old R32 seat and thin padding on the back casuing backache after a long drive.
After doing a little search I found Recaro/Lotus sports seat and Bride Zodia that are easy to install with no mod required.
Recaro sure does look better but pricewise, I'm not sure if spending extra ~$800 over Bride.
If you have sat in both of them, which has more padding and grips body better?
I'd prefer leather but couldn't find any.
If you know any other seats that will fit in Exige not requiring any custom modification, what are they? where can I buy?
Thanks~

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I've had it with stock Exige seat... it's not as grippy as my old R32 seat and thin padding on the back casuing backache after a long drive.
After doing a little search I found Recaro/Lotus sports seat and Bride Zodia that are easy to install with no mod required.
Recaro sure does look better but pricewise, I'm not sure if spending extra ~$800 over Bride.
If you have sat in both of them, which has more padding and grips body better?
I'd prefer leather but couldn't find any.
If you know any other seats that will fit in Exige not requiring any custom modification, what are they? where can I buy?
Thanks~
If you want to sell your stock Exige seats, please let me know. I MIGHT be interested, if they are in a good condition.

·
Banned
874 Posts
pics of the seats would be helpful

·
Registered
591 Posts
I have made a custom bracket for Sparco Pro 2000 seats. We modify the seat and send them to you ready to drop in. Do a seach for tall person seat sickness. And pm I can send you pics and prices.

Thanks,
Josh

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you want to sell your stock Exige seats, please let me know. I MIGHT be interested, if they are in a good condition.
The car only has 1000 miles... its pretty much new.
How much do these stock Exige seats go for?

Recaro... I heard it doesn't have slider and height of the driver matters?... I'm 5'8"... would this be a problem?

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
How much do these stock Exige seats go for?
i recall new they go for mucho dinero............
not sure on the exact amount, but i remember blackwatch racing selling them and they were not cheap.
contact them for a price, and sell them accordingly.
i bet you would cover the cost of the aftermarket seat with the sale

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any info on Recaro whether if it would work for someone who's 5'7"? :confused:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I sat in Jack's Cup Recaro/Lotus seats which are identical to the aftermarket equivalent from Recaro. I'm 6-2 and 185lbs. The seat is great for the track but definitely too snug at the hips for a long drive. I've heard the Brodia is tighter in comparison, but you may fit. Sector111 has them now.

Let me know if you're selling your seats. I may buy them (color?)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I sat in Jack's Cup Recaro/Lotus seats which are identical to the aftermarket equivalent from Recaro. I'm 6-2 and 185lbs. The seat is great for the track but definitely too snug at the hips for a long drive. I've heard the Brodia is tighter in comparison, but you may fit. Sector111 has them now.

Let me know if you're selling your seats. I may buy them (color?)

Waist 30... not too worried about hip fitment but whether I (5'7") could reach and press clutch/break/gas pedal all the way with ease....
Anyone?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Go for the bride :up:

just got mine a couple weeks ago and my waist is about a 30 as well, perfect fit and actually very comfortable once in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts