The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a big problem and I don't know what to do. 2 months ago I met this lady at a bar. I figured it was just a one-time thing. AFTER THE FACT her friend tells me she's married. This gives me all the more reason to not talk to her again. For the past 2 months she has been calling from her cell AND HOME, texting, emailing and looking me up online, all day long... For 2 months. I have not communicated at all with her. She seems to think because I don't "reject" her phonecalls, it means I want her calling me. She's insane and I have no idea what to do. Every text is "the last one I promise" then she's back the next day. I'm getting pretty upset with it. If I tell her to screw, I'm afraid it'll just make it worse. What should I do?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Tell her husband. She'll have someone else to think about.

I'm not sure I am serious, but why not?

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts

·
Registered
4,451 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
I've had quite a few of those.. 4 really memorable ones..-poke- <--- me

·
Registered
260 Posts
She sounds totally insane bunny boiling, depends wearing, raving nuts!!... can I have her number?

JOKING, keep her away from me. rotfl Hey, maybe tell her you sold the Lotus and she will go away. haha. Sorry, couldn't help it.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
She doesn't look like this does she ?? rotfl

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have had some experience with it unfortunately.

To try and shake the person, make it clear you do not want to speak with them or have any contact whatsoever. (probably already done). Make it clear that if the behaviour continues that you will involve the authorities.
Document every contact the person makes. Ie; called at x time/date, followed me in their car from x place to x place on x date/time. Just in case you need it for the cops!

Usually if the person is still somewhat sane, just the fact that you are telling them it is at the point that the authorities will get involved shakes people out of it. (One girl I went out with thought that we were destined to be together, a month later with phone calls from her friends phones, parents phone, pay phones, just so I would not recognize the number ... I spoke with her and had the convo that I was not comfortable with the situation and if it did not stop I was going to get the police involved. It worked and it woke her up ... I bumped into a friend of hers and she told me it was the first time she had ever done that and the fact that it got to the point that the cops were going to get involved woke her up!!).

On the flip side. Do not ever say things like "you are starting to scare me with your phone calls" or "your' freaking me out with your behaviour". If the person is truly nuts then that will just stoke the fire and make it worse. I d'ont have time today to write out all of my encounters with truly crazy ... although it would be entertaining!

Just remember, you cannot outcrazy a crazy person!

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Speak for yourself !!! Everyone inside MY brain can !! rotflrotfl:panic:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Got any ex friends you could introduce her to? I wouldn't involve her husband into this, no telling how nuts he is...or worse maybe he's been trying to loose her for years and will see this as his golden opportunity to dump her on you. Sucks to be a nice guy and have a nice car...but it's the price we pay!

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
I have had some experience with it unfortunately.

To try and shake the person, make it clear you do not want to speak with them or have any contact whatsoever. (probably already done). Make it clear that if the behaviour continues that you will involve the authorities.
Document every contact the person makes. Ie; called at x time/date, followed me in their car from x place to x place on x date/time. Just in case you need it for the cops!

Usually if the person is still somewhat sane, just the fact that you are telling them it is at the point that the authorities will get involved shakes people out of it. (One girl I went out with thought that we were destined to be together, a month later with phone calls from her friends phones, parents phone, pay phones, just so I would not recognize the number ... I spoke with her and had the convo that I was not comfortable with the situation and if it did not stop I was going to get the police involved. It worked and it woke her up ... I bumped into a friend of hers and she told me it was the first time she had ever done that and the fact that it got to the point that the cops were going to get involved woke her up!!).

On the flip side. Do not ever say things like "you are starting to scare me with your phone calls" or "your' freaking me out with your behaviour". If the person is truly nuts then that will just stoke the fire and make it worse. I d'ont have time today to write out all of my encounters with truly crazy ... although it would be entertaining!

this is true.....but i can out crazy almost anyone but the advantage the truly crazy has is their focus. they keep at it every minute of every day. they do not tire of the lectures, they do not tire of the rejections, and they usually arent deterred by threats. they spend every waking moment focused on getting to you. people who have lives cant compete with that kind of focus.
thats why theyre crazy.

and remember....to them, a restraining order is just another way of saying "i love you."
:)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts