The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow enthusiasts, I need your help!

Since last summer the locking/unlocking mechanism via the FOB has been acting up. Basically it will lock the doors, but will not unlock them. Because it was summertime the top was always off, so I could unlock the car by manually lifting up the door pins.*

Fast forward a few months. Today I went to some relatives and I locked my elise via the remote FOB controller (with the soft top on). As you can image I cannot unlock the doors. I tried using the key with no success (basically the door pins will not "lift"). Any tips on how to unlock my car?

Thanks in advance.

Iraklis

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
I drove about an hour and a half and had the same issue. It sucked! An hour and a half away from home and no unlock! I had my truck keys with me and tried swapping the batteries. BINGO! Try putting new batteries in the FOB.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Sounds like your Central Door Locking (CDL) module might be bad. I had the same problem with my 06 Elise. Doors would lock via the Fobs but not unlock. I was lucky and did not lock myself out once but had to use the key to lock and unlock the doors until I installed the new CDL. If you Google search Lotus Elise CDL you will find a LT how to thread on replacing the CDL. As for getting in now you may be able to use a coat hanger to unlatch the soft top and gain access to the lock button that way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your replies. I will try JohnHanson1976's tip (using a coat hanger to unlatch the soft top). Should be fun, since I have no idea where to start!

I will also start looking for a CDL module in order to replace the defective one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey chaps. I managed to get in to my Elise using this method :

I obviously did not manage to do it in 5 seconds (more like 10 minutes) but it was worth it! Anyway this method is ideal for our elises(perhaps too ideal!) so I though i might share my experience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts