Votes: 1 2.9%
  • PLY-HARD

Votes: 3 8.8%
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help from my trusted Lotus family.

I want to get a vanity plate for my 2013 Evora NA IPS and have come up with my top 5 choices but need help deciding. Of course, if you have a better suggestion than what I have proposed, please say so. The one's below are currently available where I live. Thanks!

1) RED-LINE
2) WHY-SAVE
3) MY-LOTUS
4) 321-CYAA
5) PLY-HARD

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm assuming 'EVORA' is either not available or uninteresting?

I took the name ELISE (see my avatar) a few months ago. I was surprised it was available in 2013, given the cars have been out for so long.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Hmm - not that crazy about them.

PLY HARD - it reads 'ply hard' not 'play hard' to me. Maybe PLAY HRD?

RED-LINE - probably the best of the bunch.

321- CYAA - the extra A is weird to me. And anytime you have a variation on CYA or CULATER or something, you are inviting douchebags to want to race. That's attention I just wouldn't want.

1) RED-LINE
2) WHY-SAVE
3) MY-LOTUS
4) 321-CYAA
5) PLY-HARD

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
I'm getting "1NDULGE", mostly because I tend to explain to people that the car is my personal indulgence.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
There's a whole thread on Vanity plates that might give some ideas.

Mine is fun - LOWTUS.

One of our other local members has a good one too - REVS HI

Although, borderline douchey, a Lambo owner in the Chicago area has 'LAMBONER' I like that!

And David McNeill of 'WeatherTech' has an Enzo with 'NEAR JET' - he's a pilot too. That's cool as hell!

·
Registered
6,648 Posts
I'm getting "1NDULGE", mostly because I tend to explain to people that the car is my personal indulgence.
You're asking to be keyed.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I was thinking CLGFUND, my son wasn't amused.

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
867 Posts
I would have gone with something like G0-FASTR and make sure to have a front license plate so people could read it in the rear view.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
You're asking to be keyed.
Considering how the car looks, I think someone's frustration in life that leads them to key my car as an act of social revenge would trigger in way before they got to reading the license plate.

Those who know me know my style is very easy going and slightly hedonistic, so the plate fits me well. If someone keys it, well, I'll deal with it. Hope it at least made them feel better.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Voted for "WHY SAVE". I think planning for a vanity plate is half the fun. I just ordered "SUCH WOW" for my Evora.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I like Why Save also.

I went "W8 WHAT" for mine - because that is what a large number of people respond with when I tell them "It's a Lotus Evora." lol I then point at the plate and we get a good chuckle. It has happened twice so far.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I took the geek way out with "KESSLRUN". How about LYTNFAST?

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
I voted for WHY-SAVE. My plate says THERAPY. :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Nice. I thought about 2 INCHES for all the haters. First week I had the car two women in their VW cabriolet pulled up next to me and both put there hands together to signify a small size. My girlfriend was in the passenger seat and shot back by spreading her hands as far apart as th window would allow. Love that girl, even if she tends to exaggerate a bit.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Plate

I like

LO TUSH

1 - 20 of 52 Posts