1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rim size
Front 18x8
Rear 18x9
Do u think this is possible? N which offset would best fit or fit?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I'll bet they would look good.
No one runs these competitively - so looks would be all you'll get.
You could make them work, but you'd have to play suspension engineer. Short sidewall tires are picky about camber caused by body roll and suspension settings. I'd start with the 1" front bar offered by Eliseparts.com Elise Parts -  >  > 1" Adjustable Anti Roll Bar and use Nitron Pro coilovers, as well as dialing in about -2 degrees static front camber with 2mm toe-out in front.

Rim size
Front 18x8
Rear 18x9

Also...unsprung weight matters. Unless light weight wheels are available in those sizes (which I doubt), you'll have to have them made by Fikse or some other high-performance manufacturer.

Unless you are just stylin'...in which case I recommend teddy bear wheels with spinners.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think an 8J front or 18" rim will fit on an Elise with out sticking out or hitting something at full lock. It would also take an insanely low profile tire to fit in the wheel well. I believe the only way to do it would be with some kind of over fender and you'd have to raise the car with suspension for clearance.

As for the rear you can probably make the 9j rim fit on the car, but the proper tires for that rim size (275's) will not fit in the stock wheel well as well so once again you will need some kind of over fender...

All in all I think 18's on the Elise (or Exige) will net you bad karma from other Lotus owners, the poor handling of the car, the lack of good tires in the sizes needed and pot holes.

The only reason I can see wanting to run this size wheel is if you want to attract even more teenagers and look cool when hanging out with the F&F ricer crowd...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you guys are soo helpful let. the rims i want would be volk and there freakin sexy as hell but lets see maybe i'll keep looking i was getting them a steal $1300 full set

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was looking to just have them just look insanely ridiculous with a wide stance, but i am not going thru the hassle of dealing with adjusting. I want Plug N Play scenario, but i'll just wait it out and hope the PIAA will come around my way

1 - 8 of 8 Posts