The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone! My name is Becky and I’m new here. I have a 2005 Elise that I purchased two years ago. I love the car and haven’t had any problems with it until just lately and am hoping someone will be able to help me with this. Lately, I’ve been having problems with the check engine light coming on within 5 minutes of filling the gas tank. I’m using the 93 octane but each time the tank is filled, the light comes on and stays blinking while it spits, sputters, chugs, and looses power. Today when this happened, if I took my foot off the gas to slow down or stop, it would quit running. My engine temp has been running at 186, but when this started today, I noticed that the temp dropped to 178 and stayed there. Help!!
I also am looking for a right front running light/turn signal. It looks like it leaked (always has condensation present) and now I need to get the whole light fixture, socket and bulb due to this one being rusted out inside and not working. I also have been told that I need a new left window mechanism so that my window will crank up and down completely. Any idea where to find these two items and costs?

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Side indicators - These are direct replacements, but not stock. Personally I think they look cool and you can't beat $30.

CEL - Do you have an OBD2 reader? Get one or have o'reilly, autozone, or advanced auto and read the codes causing the CEL.

·
Registered
236 Posts
A blinking check engine light means shut off the engine immediately, doesn't it?

I wish you good luck with solving your problem.

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
only happens when filled and then goes away?
how long does it take?

you need to pull the code

I wonder if something is wrong with the evap system and raw fuel is spilling into the intake until the level drops

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
you need to pull the code

I wonder if something is wrong with the evap system and raw fuel is spilling into the intake until the level drops
Yes, either something broke or somebody was monkeying with the evap system and messed it up. Now the good news: race car people remove evap stuff all the time, so the parts aren't that hard to come by.

·
Plural of Lotus is Lotus
251 Posts
Side indicators - These are direct replacements, but not stock. Personally I think they look cool and you can't beat $30.

CEL - Do you have an OBD2 reader? Get one or have o'reilly, autozone, or advanced auto and read the codes causing the CEL.
If you are talking about the front clam indicator lenses, they are $250. Instead, check the seal between the lens. Sometimes some silicone can seal it.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
I was referring to the side indicators, as in on the side of the car between the tire and door.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To those that have replied so far, does the engine have a gas filter on it that could possibly be getting plugged maybe and that’s why if I took my foot off of the accelerator it would stall? I be taken it to all of the “common” auto parts places and none of them have been able to code it with the equipment they have. It took me quite awhile to find a vehicle repair shop in the Pan Handle of Florida to even get the oil changed in it! The light assembly I need to totally replace, socket, wiring, and bulb is the blinker light that right next to the headlight on the front of the car. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi Becky, as far as your turn signal lens if it is the one right next to the headlight you'll be getting in line unfortunately. It's been backordered with no eta...https://www.lotustalk.com/threads/elise-turn-indicators.473904/page-2#post-5991200

·
Registered
767 Posts
Inspect your gas cap to be sure the gasket is good. Could be leaking there.
Good luck on the light, so many people are looking for them!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts