The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have these DownLow rails from sector111 and the instructions from Sector111 are so bad, its downright unprofessional. No doubt they have their excuses why they couldn't do the design differently any differently, but there is no excuse for the downright useless instructions.

Anyway, I am struggling with installing the rails onto the angle brackets and the rear bolts are driving me nuts. I managed to get one side bolt in as they direct and found that to get it tightened, I would need the allen wrench's short end to be extremely short, like none i've seen before.

i couldn't get the bolt in to the other rail according to the directions so i decided to insert it the other way, with the nut inside the rail and see if that worked. I couldn't get it tightened. I got it about half way, but after that, there is no space left for the wrench or a vice grip to hold the nut.

I see some people's solution is to jam an allen key under the nut to get it tighten.

I haven't tried that yet, but frankly, I am pretty pissed off at sector111's totally incompetent instructions and no advice on how to do the tricky parts.

I am inclined to take a dremel to my allen wrench and shorten it so it will fit inside the rail, presuming I can get bolt into the other rail as well.

Any advice?

Thanks all

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
No advice specifically. But in general, a cut down set of a few Allen Wrenches are useful if you do a lot of work on the Elise.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Randy.

I got the other bolt in as well. God, What a nightmare.

Tomorrow I'll cut an allen wrench down and hopefully this will all come together.

if I sell my rails atleast the buyer will get the bolts installed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts