The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my '06 Elise with a Blaupunkt radio. I have been able to make all the adjustments (stations, clock, etc) but cannot make it stop rotating through all the colors. It reads properly for about 1 minute and then goes back to rotating through the colors and options. How do I turn this feature OFF?? thanks for any help you can pass along.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
DustyJ,

To shut off that "demo" flashing mode, just hold down the "menu" button (on the lower right side of the faceplate) for four seconds and it will stop.

Tom

·
Registered
21 Posts
The stock radio from Blaupunkt in the 06 is absolute junk. If you care about tunes then swap it out, not to mention the overgrown walkman speakers. On the other hand putting a "real" stereo in these cars is like supercharging a tricycle. Sure you can do it, but why. :shrug: Can't really hear it above 30 mph anyway, and just adds weight.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help. That took care of the problem. It was simple, but I sure couldn't find the key.

Happy Trails

·
Registered
379 Posts
radio

Or you can take my low-tech approach; unhook the battery, and be done with the thing. If I ever sell the car, i'll figure out how to get it going again to annoy the next owner.

·
Registered
495 Posts
If that's a "low tech" idea, I wonder what mine would be considered?

HAMMER.

Why listen to the same music over and over and over and over again when you have a perfectly good exhaust and a cam-switchover?:D

I wish my car had not ever been designed to have a radio.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
If you really don't want the radio, why not remove it? There are probably folks around the world who have designed a carbon fiber cubby that works to fill the spot...

If that's a "low tech" idea, I wonder what mine would be considered?

HAMMER.

Why listen to the same music over and over and over and over again when you have a perfectly good exhaust and a cam-switchover?:D

I wish my car had not ever been designed to have a radio.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
We dunn need no stinking radio !!!

·
Registered
495 Posts
I'll start looking for one. Then there's the matter of the speaker holes....I wonder if I could talk someone who makes C/F dashes into making one without the holes (Not that I could afford a new dash)?

p.s. I hope I didn't come across as being snotty in my previous post. It was my poor attempt at a little humor.

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
My best friend had that problem in her 06. We called it party mode, lol. She took it to the dealer to fix.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Hey, I'll take the weight penalty for a real subwoofer and 800W of amplifier. Otherwise, I'd either be bored out of my mind or incarcerated for excessive speed on the way to track days. I take pride in being the heaviest Lotus (including driver) in the Lotus Challenge Series... :p

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
As long as we are asking radio questions...my stock radio in my 05 keeps telling me that it is searching for stations I have programmed in. They are strong local stations that should not need any searching.

Any ideas.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
the reception in my 06 elise is not good at all.driving the same roads in my daily driver.i get the stations fine.then in the lotus i get just a little ways out from town and i get nothing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re Wow!!!!

The stock radio from Blaupunkt in the 06 is absolute junk. If you care about tunes then swap it out, not to mention the overgrown walkman speakers. On the other hand putting a "real" stereo in these cars is like supercharging a tricycle. Sure you can do it, but why. :shrug: Can't really hear it above 30 mph anyway, and just adds weight.
Guys - I respect racing and weight, however, I just had chuck Risen put an apline system and amp, rokkford fosgate speakers and JL subwoofer and enslousre painted to match apline while 06. After completing the imprinting - which was just released this week, I have been stopped by local police tonigh for excessive Decible Volume - (imprinting is new custom electronic and mic in the car at 7 seperate input points via yjr computer to allow the head up to deliver crystal clear sound at all decibles ranges while listenitng to a sympohny in our loutus) with the hard top off, windows down, and I running a stage two racing exhaust with supercharger. Contact Chuck money best spent!!!

·
Registered
821 Posts
the reception in my 06 elise is not good at all.driving the same roads in my daily driver.i get the stations fine.then in the lotus i get just a little ways out from town and i get nothing.
Same here. tragic really...

·
Registered
83 Posts
I picked up a hidden radio amplifier on ebay for 25.00 including shipping.I had very weak signals before installing it,now get all the stations. Go to Lotus cars and the ad should be on there. I'm in Kansas now and do not have the address.:clap:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts