1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm looking at a set of SSR wheels for my 2011 Elise SC - the link is here:

SSR Wheels - SSR Professor SP-1

Can anyone tell me what wheel width might work for front and rear? I'm looking at a 17/18 setup, as wide as possible. I searched and someone else was asking for the same advice for the same wheel, but at 16/15 setup.

Does anyone know how to read the sizing chart?

Thanks in advance
Dean

·
Registered
641 Posts
Numbers on top with the grey background indicate the lip sizes with their respective offsets below.

SL stands for super low disc which means it reduces the caliper clearance in favor of bigger lip all the way to HP which stands for high pad.

HP is for when you need a bigger clearance for big brakes. This minimalizes the lip size in order to compensate for added brake clearance for BBKs.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for that,

Would you happen to know what the Elise SC (2011) can handle in terms of maximum width and offset/lip size for an 18/17 setup with the stock brakes? I have no idea how to proceed. Anything will help. Thanks in advance

Dean

·
Registered
641 Posts
Sorry I wouldn't know where to begin, I've only gone wider in 16s and 17s. Maybe try on a set of 17s and 18s to get a baseline on how much width and offset the setup you want would require.

You can also give SSR's USA office a call (888)229-7774. Maybe they can give you some ideas on where to start. They're located in California. Here's a link to their site http://www.more-japan.com/

·
Registered
959 Posts
Thanks so much for that,

Would you happen to know what the Elise SC (2011) can handle in terms of maximum width and offset/lip size for an 18/17 setup with the stock brakes? I have no idea how to proceed. Anything will help. Thanks in advance

Dean
You would use the same offsets and width on a 16/17 wheel than you would on a 17/18 wheel. The stock Elise brakes are tiny so I probably wouldn't worry about getting the version that will clear bigger brakes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts