The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2013 Evora S since 11/13
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this about a year ago and finally getting around to installing it. Now, I have been working on my Formula Ford, Lotus Elite and Lotus 7 over the years so I thought I could handle this. It is a bit of a PITA getting the existing parts out. Be prepared to spend time looking for secret cable ties and other items that you can see but you need to remove them to get the darn things out. The instructions are 'adequate'. There are details that you need to "infer". Also, since I have a 2013 Evora S, the pictures don't match with an S as they are from the NA setup. Which brings me to my first request. Can someone send (or post) the finished install for an Evora S? Worth a thousand words (some of the 4 letter variety)...

Anyway, I've gotten to the point where I'm almost finished but I'd like to know a few items. From the attached pictures:

First one shows: "Remove the screw retaining the vacuum switching valve (VSV) solenoid to the airbox base and remove the two vacuum lines circled from the solenoid. Leave the solenoid connected electronically and fix it to an adjacent hose with a ty-wrap so that it is neatly out of the way." In this picture, I just found a spot, tied it with a yellow cable tie and left it for the end. So, now what? Just attach it somewhere (not where it is now) and leave the two vacuum lines open? Or cap them....

Picture 2 shows the red vacuum lines that no longer have a home. Actually, one of them was connected to the above solenoid. Should they be capped and putout of the way? I want to keep then "as-is" if I ever need to reverse this install (god I hope not.....).

Picture 3 shows where the main vacuum line was removed and in the instructions "Trace this line to the manifold, remove it, and cap it off with the vacuum cap". Since this is to the supercharger rather than the manifold, but just want to check it's the same.

Picture 4 shows that I don't have the bracket to hold this setup. I did not see on in the box so maybe I'm just missing it? If so, I can sent a request to BOE (Phil). Also, since the hose at the top (cabin vent duct?) came off as I was ripping out the old air box, I'd like to refresh my memory with a picture of the finished version.

I think that's it. I prefer to have these answered before I fire up the engine and see how many codes can be thrown at one time.

20191207_003633_resized.jpg
20191207_003705_resized.jpg
20191207_003715_resized.jpg
20191207_003752_resized.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,297 Posts
I gave up on the bracket years ago. Things shift around etc. I just use a bungee cord and wrap it arounf the support. Never moves anymore.

·
Registered
496 Posts
While I don't have an S.

You wanna keep the vacuum line connected to the manifold and at the T disconnect the part that goes to the airbox flap and plug that. Keep the other end connected that goes to the exhaust flap.

For the solenoid, keep it wire tied or bolt it to something else. What I did was just loop a line between the 2 ports to keep them clean.

For the tube running up to the front, you wire tie that to the little bracket.

@Julian73 is pretty good with this setup you can search under his name and you should find some info as he has installed this in a S and I think the 410..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here’s an NA version that may help. I haven’t explored an S so ymmv. All existing vacuum tubes were re-connected, one to the intake and one looping around to cover both ends of the solenoid. That is zip-tied to a bracket down low where it won’t hurt itself or things around it.

I found the bracket to hold the filter difficult to position correctly originally, but after several tries, it is snug and doesn’t rattle into anything around it. The angle has to be juuuust right.

Next step is to crimp the vacuum line that feeds the exhaust bypass valve. The titanium sport exhaust is demure enough it doesn’t need further dampening.

Pls disregard the rain. Apparently this does happen once in a while in sunny CA.

Pls disregard the dirt. It’s a daily.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just go online and purchase a straight plastic fitting or longer vacuum hose and remove the Y-fitting. I found the install to be simple, and managed to have BOE send me a short piece of tube to allow for the direct connection of the side duct... Which allows for a little pressure at high speeds and even more pronounced whine.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Just go online and purchase a straight plastic fitting or longer vacuum hose and remove the Y-fitting. I found the install to be simple, and managed to have BOE send me a short piece of tube to allow for the direct connection of the side duct... Which allows for a little pressure at high speeds and even more pronounced whine.
Here is the link to the Aluminum Tube Upgrade for the BOE CAI Intake:
Post #831 https://www.lotustalk.com/threads/boe-evora-cai.123964/page-42

·
2013 Evora S since 11/13
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help. I secured the solenoid and put caps on the 2 vacuum ports. The yellow ones in the picture. I took the "Y" out red vacuum hose and replaced it with a single straight connector. Took it for a test drive, no codes and seems normal. Decided to just run it around the area at regular highway speeds. I did revved up in the driveway . Can really hear the supercharger wind up now. So, looks promising. I'll start moving the shift point up gradually (yes, I'm being very conservative).
20191208_123240_resized.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,297 Posts
Daily or not, its pretty easy to spray some kind of foamy cleaner (See Dallas Detailing stuff on YouTube) and hose off once a year. Might take you 5 minutes 10 if you are thorough.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts