The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should be getting in new wheels and tires next week. lunch and drinks is on me if someone can assist with the install for me. I dont even have the tools... or ... yeah ok ive just never changed a tire before... sue me. In a perfect world I wouldnt have to remove the car from the garage. it should be enough space. I appreciate any help.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Where? What day? Any chance you could do it around 1PM? Do you have the tool for the splined nut?

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
I have the tool for the splined nut, I'll trade it towards that battery tender...

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where? What day? Any chance you could do it around 1PM? Do you have the tool for the splined nut?
I am by the lincolnwood towncenter. I can do it at any time thats good for you on those days. Im guessing that I dont have any of the tools. But I do have the black small bag that has 2 useless pieces and a possible wheel key. Im not sure what it is. I should be able to get a jack if needed.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
I can do it.....I normally leave the Loop around noon, sometimes just a little later and go out the Kennedy, so that works fine.

I have a floor jack, I carry it in my car anyway, so we don't need one. I have a torque wrench and sockets too. All we need is a hocky puck or something similar to protect the bottom of the car from the jack and the lug tool.

I'll try to find a pic here of the lug tool to see if that's one of the things you have. All days are the same for me.....so any day.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
rotfl rotfl rotfl

You forgot I can read deleted posts!!!!! rotfl

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rotfl rotfl rotfl

You forgot I can read deleted posts!!!!! rotfl
Did I put something crazy and delete it lol........ If I did I have a real bad memory.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Of course I'm assuming you have one splined lug nut. Can you look and see if all 4 lug nuts are the same or is one different? Or just take a pic and post it.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Of course I'm assuming you have one splined lug nut. Can you look and see if all 4 lug nuts are the same or is one different? Or just take a pic and post it.
Do this with any 1 wheel or all 4?

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Better peek at all 4 and make sure they're all the same.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
If all 16 nuts are identical, we'll be fine.....but if any are different, like some type of locking lug nut, we need a socket to fit it.

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
Monsta has an '07 with stock OEM black base wheels and I'm pretty sure all his lugs are the same and are the regular OEM splined ones (no locks, Lotus or otherwise).....at least that is what I remember the last time I worked on his car.

Looks like you've been busted Thomas!! :no: rotfl

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Monsta has an '07 with stock OEM black base wheels and I'm pretty sure all his lugs are the same and are the regular OEM splined ones (no locks, Lotus or otherwise).....at least that is what I remember the last time I worked on his car.

Thanks Dan, that will be easy then...unless someone over-torqued them.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah.. what dan said. All sixteen bolts are indeed the same size.. I just checked. I have the tool that fits in all the bolts but it does look like it needs a torque wrench attached to it since its just a cylinder shape basically.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
If all 16 nuts are identical, we'll be fine.....but if any are different, like some type of locking lug nut, we need a socket to fit it.
Obvious it was a "nut" comment just by your overuse the past few posts...you sound like a little kid hearing a bad word for the first time!rotfl

Oh...and DO NOT TAKE TIRE CHANGING ADVISE FROM QBALL!;)

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
are you guys doing this today? tomorrow?

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Why does this remind me of the time I couldn't figure out how the damn wiper blade came off and a girl from NAPA had to show me?:eek:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts