The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I pretty much spent my entire bonus check on mods (including the BWR SC), I'm looking for a way to cut cost & get into some upgraded shocks before my 1st track day next week at LRP.

Which would you choose?

Used Lotus Adjustable Track Pack Shocks or used Nitron Single Adjustables (with old spring rates)?

I believe the track pack shocks have less than 100 miles on them, whereas the Nitrons I'm unsure. Both "look good" with no oil leaks and a few scrapes / scratches on the Nitron's blue dial (due to rolling around in the box).

Price difference is about $500 more for the Nitrons.

What do you guys think? Should I save some money? Or, take the plung & get the Nitron's? If so, should I also update the springs from S111 (which would mean using my credit card).

Is there a significant difference between the two?

I'm hoping to do at least 10 track days this year running the AO48's, & may go to slicks or Toyo 888's later in the season (if I can afford it). BTW, I've been running stock shocks (not LSS) for the last three years so anything's going to be an improvement!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good luck. I have much skepticism that your A048s will last track days given that the fronts are original!
Mike, I agree with you. I'll be lucky to make it through next week's session with my fronts. My backs are still pretty good with only two or three track day's on them (max). Are you suggesting that I forego the shocks & get R888's all around? :)

What about my question?:shrug: Which would you choose?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
For racing I think you'll be happier with the spring rates on the Nitrons, even with the old spring rates. If you think you need them, you can always buy the higher rate springs later.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For racing I think you'll be happier with the spring rates on the Nitrons, even with the old spring rates. If you think you need them, you can always buy the higher rate springs later.
Thanks, that's a good point!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts