The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For an 03 1/2 final edition Esprit. Anyone have a good source for these or am I going to have to go to the dealer (wouldn't be a problem except dealer is 3 hours away and I figure a rotor replacement can be done locally).

·
Registered
45 Posts
I take it youll need the AP Racing sized discs 320mm being a later V8. I bought mine from PNM Engineering in UK about two months ago. They are aftermarket ones and they send all over the world. You can order them either slotted or cross drilled. The Lotus ones are expensive these are a third of the price. You cannot by these as an off the shelf AP part no. The PCD is unique to Lotus. You can also try PUK in Germany too they do a nice kit but due to their Govt regs they have to send complete with hats which of course make them more expensive.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have pushed mine on the track a lot & they can take what ever you can through at them!! Sounds like a warantee matter to me??? try to slightly loosten the bolts on the hat.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
What's wrong with your rotors? They're too new to need replacement...if they're a little warped, just have them turned.
Age is only one factor contributing to the declining condition of brake rotors, and a fairly minor factor at that. If a guy comes here and says he needs rotors, wouldn't you want more information before saying something as simplistic as what you said?

Excuse me if I'm out of line. Perhaps you know the poster personally and see his rotors all the time.

xtn

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not a big deal :) I bought the car about a year ago and it needed some TLC. (Well, for an 03.5 it needed LOTS of TLC...). So I'm just going through it piece by piece and making it good as new. I'm on the brakes now :) The rotors are pretty severely warped, but a turning *might* fix them - I'd rather just continue with the process and end up with a perfect car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts