The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My detailer just mentioned to me that my driver's side grill is missing. :shrug: I never noticed because it's so dark down there. I'm wondering if anyone has a spare in the area. Otherwise I'll order one on Monday from the parts department.

Weird this happened, there's no damage or anything, it's just flew out while driving I guess. TADTS

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
:crazyeyes what? How the heck did that happen? Isn't it bolted down? I cannot recall how its held down since its been a while that I had the rear wheel liner off.

Still though, wouldn't it make some noise or something before it just flies off? wow now I guess I 'll check mine next time I have the liners off.

·
Registered
557 Posts
:crazyeyes what? How the heck did that happen? Isn't it bolted down? I cannot recall how its held down since its been a while that I had the rear wheel liner off.

Still though, wouldn't it make some noise or something before it just flies off? wow now I guess I 'll check mine next time I have the liners off.
I'm pretty sure she's referring to the front grill under the headlight.

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I might have one -- I'll check Sunday night/Monday morning & let you know.

Thanks,

Joe
Cool thanks... I can pay for shipping.

I guess I'm lucky this is the first time in almost 4 years this has happened. I'm surprised I didn't notice it. It's too bad I have a shoot tomorrow and now my car is ghetto.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Isn't someone supposed to say TADTS

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Supposedly, to put it back in you have to take off the front clam. Some folks say you can pop out the turn signal lights and get some access to the single bolt holding the grill in, but elsewhere here it says you cannot do that with the dual oil cooler cars, that on the passenger side there are some obstructions with the OC in place.

Good luck! Just glue the thing in!

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
You can temporarily put them in with a small black cable tie.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts