The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
power outage a couple of times and my trickle charger didn't reset. I found out too late, the battery died.
Replaced with a new battery and on my first outing check engine light came on. Plugged in the code reader and got P0610, and no VIN reported.
Need to pass the CA smog test right now and I will fail with no ECU VIN.

I see that I can flash the ECU back to stock at a dealer, but, why not go for a little boost in performance?? Looking at the way-back posts I got interested in CharleyX work that eventually evolved to Jermaine at Vision Function. I'm looking at the "Naturally Aspirated ECU Flash v2: +10 ft lbs and 8-10 whp & lower cam switch point (5750 rpm). All for $325, thank you very much.

BUT

CharleyX is inactive, Jermaine hasn't posted in quite a while, and the 'Contact' page at the Vision Function web site is empty, and the phone doesn't get picked up after lots of rings.

I love the Elise, and drive it lightly--no tracking. The VF price point was attractive. Any more $$ doesn't make sense.

Anybody have any leads?

and

if I have to reflash via a dealer I'd prefer to do it by mail....driving to SF would burn my whole day.

thanks in advance:wave:

·
Registered
719 Posts
as i understand, P0630 is typically the CEL code associated with the VIN loss. I don't know what P0610 means.

if all that you want to do is re write the vin, you can do that with a scan tool:

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f171/how-partially-diy-set-vin-ecu-your-2005-lotus-elise-381737/

if you want a cheap reflashing tool, you can use a vag com cable and a java program that i wrote:

https://github.com/Obeisance/Daft_LotusT4_OBD

just be aware, the program is a bit finicky. pm me if you want help or a demo.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Obeisance for the code correction to P0630

I did see your previous post about the re write and decided to postpone taking on that challenge.
Maybe this weekend I'll stand a little closer to that task.

thanks for the offer of help or demo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts