The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this sounds like a crazy inquiry but it's Lotus related. Rather than staying in a hotel like I've been doing for the last four months I was wondering if anyone on here would like to rent me a room for the next three - six months at their house in Vegas? I'm here with the Air Force. I've been looking at rooms on craigslist but it's hard to find a Lotus friendly house, driveway, housemates. Plus they all seem to be looking for hot females or gay dudes. I am straight and married- SOL. I can pay with money though.

CharlieX you could use my car for an NA tune? I am building some new clams right now (race and street) and not too many of these craigslist renters want someone working on there car in there driveway or know what a Lotus is. 610-906-5862 or pm me. Looking to move this week.
Thanks

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Hey Minnis,

I haven't done much with the NA cars, as frankly there isn't a lot to do , just cam and a slight power increase.

I'll keep my out for you for someone looking for a roommate.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Charlie, yeah I figured on the tune I just remebered some guys asking for NA tune with exhaust and intake type apps. I'm trying to save up to do an LNF Ecotec swap myself but in the mean time wouldn't mind seeing a slight difference.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
I don't see the benefit in the ecotec swap myself, maybe i'll be persuaded someday, bring it by when you're done with it :)

there is not much to be done with the intakes/exhausts either i've found, except having to correct the maf sensor back to stock via the ecu, which is a tonne of work.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My thinking is that with a GM $325 tune a crate turbo ecotec will put down a reliable and tested 300hp/340 torque -at a lower redline and torque band throughout. I wouldn't trust out motor with that output for very long. Plus if I do the swap myself for under 10k I would believe it would be of more value to me than a Forced fed or Secant. But thats just imo. It seems like it has a decent amount of low end torque

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
yeah i think you'll see that just fine, i'm more on the side of the honda though, since you'll make what the stock turbo LNF makes on the NA honda.

but if you do it for sub 10k that'd be interesting indeed!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I MIGHT have a room available, are you going to Nellis everyday? because it might be a long drive from where i live. let me know

1 - 7 of 7 Posts