The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm choosing not to drill into the clam but instead use one of the holes from the washer fluid reservoir mount. I have come across one problem. I'm able to clear the coolant hose below but the fuel line is kind of in the way. The way I have the setup now, one can is pushing against the fuel line but not kinking it. Will this be okay?

On a side note, while removing the reservoir I found a bunch of stinky residue in it. This is despite it being filled with washer fluid and not just water. The stuff almost looked like algae but I didn't bother to investigate further.

Attachments

·
Registered
424 Posts
Follow the fuel line to the left. There is a spongy piece of hose already protecting that area.

If it were me I'd use some of that or else regular hose in the area that touches the can/cans.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Follow the fuel line to the left. There is a spongy piece of hose already protecting that area.

If it were me I'd use some of that or else regular hose in the area that touches the can/cans.
Perhaps I'll do that. I was also thinking about doing that for the coolant line below. I think it sits between the two drains.

I'm actually not that concerned about rubbing. I'm more concerned by the additional bends I've caused in the fuel lines but I doubt they'll affect fuel delivery.

also, i don't think the catch cans produce any significant amount of heat.

·
Registered
295 Posts
what happened to the washer fluid ?:shrug:

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
I only used the one bracket on my cans that connect to the coolant reservoir mount....I didn't even use the clam mount side. You might just do that as well.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I only used the one bracket on my cans that connect to the coolant reservoir mount....I didn't even use the clam mount side. You might just do that as well.
I bought my setup used from a board member. It did not come with Exige specific brackets. The one you see in the picture is a bent and drilled license plate bracket from a Vespa Rally 180.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
It got removed along with the washer fluid reservoir. ;)
So what are the downsides to removing the coolant reservoir and how do you check your water level? Sounds like a decent weight reduction method if it's not problematic.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
So what are the downsides to removing the coolant reservoir and how do you check your water level? Sounds like a decent weight reduction method if it's not problematic.
uhh...he is talking about the washer reservoir not the coolant reservoir.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
darn!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts