The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum and I am looking for some advice. I have a 2006 exige with 3k miles on it. I want to get involved with the Lotus challenge series and am looking for a good shop to handle race prep and modifications to my exige. I live in Westlake Village, California. Does anyone have some tips for me?
Brian O

deleted html code, randy

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Brian,

Check the Lotus dealer in Thousand Oaks (SilverStar). Talk to Richie, head Lotus mechanic. He is an expert, owns a Lotus too. He has helped me many times checking/prepping my Elise before I tracked it at Willow Springs.

--Hal

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hal,
Thanks for the tip! But my car is there right now to get a new battery in it because I haven’t driven it in a year. I brought it in to get serviced and figured if I got the parts they could install it. But as it turns out they can’t install anything that is race related???? But again thanks for trying!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
This may be a bit far away for you but maybe give Don a call. He does race prep and many other things. He is in Costa Mesa (next to Newport Beach) or was at least. He is here on LT as Donelise if I have it right.

If he is still doing such things or not and how busy he is now I don’t know but he may be able to suggest someone if he is to busy.

Kevin

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Allen over at Lotus of Beverly Hills had three cars running in the series tomorrow in the shop for prep today. I'm actually here now and he's still working on one of them. Give him a call 310 246-5454

1 - 5 of 5 Posts