The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have an update to my earlier "Mystery Part" thread --- http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f164/mystery-part-can-anyone-please-help-identify-118508/

Last night I have (purely by accident) found a location on the car where the rubber plug may belong and have possibly fallen out of. On the driver's side of the engine bay, up near the front bulkhead, is a square, plastic, canister / solenoid-valve device (I believe it is part of the fuel evaporative loss system? --- V8 parts manual has it described as Valve - canister vent close, p/n A082L6210F). It is about the size of a pack of cigarettes --- I have it circled in the first pic below, and have shown a close up of it in the second pic.

On the underside of this box is a small hole where the plug could possibly have been before falling out ???? The last two pics show this hole location (indicated by the arrow and then circled) on the underside --- taken by reflecting off of my inspection mirror, so kinda hard to see clearly.

Anyway, I would like to please ask of my fellow V8 owners if anyone has a minute to check on their car, and to look to see if the hole is "open" or "plugged" on their car's same box / device.

I cannot find any info in the technical manuals about whether this hole is supposed to be vented open to atmosphere or whether it is supposed to be sealed off with a plug (e.g., the type that matches the rubber plug I found loose underneath my car).

As always, your help is greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
No way, No how, could it have come from there. Take the top off and see if the rubber bumpers are both there on the rear brackets.
David Teitelbaum

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...Take the top off and see if the rubber bumpers are both there on the rear brackets.
David Teitelbaum
????

I'm not sure I'm following you there...... There are no bumpers on that mounting bracket --- the attachment is a snap-lock tongue-and-groove configuration.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
On the front the attachment is a tongue into a socket. For the rear the latches tighten the top down against the bumpers.
David Teitelbaum

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On the front the attachment is a tongue into a socket. For the rear the latches tighten the top down against the bumpers.
David Teitelbaum
I guess I still don't understand what you are referring to....... The canister and its mounting bracket don't have any such features as you describe.

Are you referring to some other part of the car --- if so, what location / component ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts