The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the uberpost and didnt see anything on how to do this. I bought a new emblem for the front. i was wondering if anyone had a tutorial on how to change this? Thank you very much

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Do you have Starshield? If so, does it go under the emblem or around?

·
Registered
386 Posts
I believe it goes around. I did mine by picking up some very fine fishing line, and "flossing" under the old badge, along with judicious application of a little heat from a heat gun set on low. The old badge eventually came up.

Cheers,
-Darryl

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
I used dental floss, the terrible flat kind that's strong as hell. I put it under the top lip of the badge and worked it side to side towards the middle. Once the top was done I did the bottom, and the emblem just pulled right off.

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
so the emblem just sticks on? the one i got has two bolts attached to it. maybe its made for the rear?
It looks like you have a nose badge for an older Lotus. I remember using nuts to put the one on my old Europa. As far as I know the Elise and Exige use the stick on type. Do you have the part number from your new badge? It should be A117U0170F.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont have a part number. oh well. i will try to find the right one. im glad you guys were here to help before i tried to figure it out and break something. :)

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
If you don't have a lot of $ invested in the new badge and it is the same size as your old one, you could always saw off the mounting studs and get some 3M mounting tape to stick it onto your car.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
does anyone know where i can get the replacement but in black? i sector 111 had it i believe its the yellow one.

EDIT: i think i found it:

Maybe?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I tried the floss method but my floss just kept breaking. What worked best for me was an old credit card, just run it back and forth and it will eventually come loose. Then the hard part of actually getting all the left over goo off. A large amount of time a some WD40 did the trick for that problem.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had a heck of a time removing mine. Tried floss and fishing line and a blow dryer. The floss and fishing line kept breaking. Eventually after much sawing with the fishing line I managed to get it off. When i noticed it coming up a bit I got my finger tips under the top and bottom and rocked it and it came off after a little work. It was a little more difficult than I anticipated before I started, but it was worth it in the end.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
so the emblem just sticks on? the one i got has two bolts attached to it. maybe its made for the rear?
You got the right one, there are two holes in the front clam for badge centering.

Heat the badge up with a hair-dryer, then use Crest Glide floss on the top, then on the bottom, it cuts right through the 2-sided tape.

I used my fingers to rub the excess 2-sided tape off of the clam, and I suggest you do the same, no need for chemicals, just heat it up a bit and rub.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
If I were using fishing line I would use the high-tech SpiderWire line or another similar high-tech braided line... not monofilament.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
does anyone know where i can get the replacement but in black? i sector 111 had it i believe its the yellow one.

EDIT: i think i found it:

Maybe?
The one BWR has is the one you are looking for. I sell a lot of those for them after people come to me for the wheel badges (I should get them to put me on comission!). I make custom color badge overlays but they are kind of a hassle so if people just want a black and silver one I usually just send them to BWR.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Looks good Chris. Did you get the reflective coating on the door badge or not?

Where did you find that tow eye?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts