The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I say this. For years I have been your typical BMW driver. 328/325/M Coupe.... I thought the next would be the E46 M3. That was until I was introduced to the Elise. Now for the REAL problem. On the M3 I was willing to pay $2k to have BMW paint my car Estoril Blue. I still DROOL over that color. You think that there is anyway I could get Lotus to do that for me if I could provide them with the paint? ANY suggestions guys? I'm FrEaKiNg OuT! :confused: :rolleyes: "Thanks en avance.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,107 Posts
No. They don't have a 'paint to sample' type program. Why not get it resprayed by a good local body shop?

The Elise is coming in some great colors. Wait till you see some official paint samples. The pictures on the web really don't do justice. You might just find a color that moves you as well as Estoril. :)

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
it's too bad Lazer Blue is not coming, because that color is similar to Estoril.

Maybe we will be able to get non-standard colors at some point for the Elise.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
hehehe I'm the proud owner of 98 Estoril Blue M Roadster. I so love that color. I like it much better than the LS blue they have now on the M series. And if it weren't for Chrome Orange I probably chose blue too if it were close to Estoril blue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
who to talk to?

So if I were to call Lotus who would I need to talk to? Or would e-mail be more effective?

·
Registered
687 Posts
mapes said:
No. They don't have a 'paint to sample' type program.
My 2003 European Elise brochure mentions a 'paint to sample' option, as does the Australian Lotus website.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Dan said:
My 2003 European Elise brochure mentions a 'paint to sample' option, as does the Australian Lotus website.
Yes, but from what I heard from Lotus, they are trying to limit the amount of custom orders...otherwise they wont be able to output twice the current amount of cars produced in order to support the american allocation.

Therefore, "paint to sample" may no longer be available. It's still worth a try to ask a US rep.

·
Registered
327 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hans Stuck said:
I found this:

http://www.bmwclub.org.hk/HKLC/index.htm

See photo #148!

Looks pretty darn close to Estoril Blue. Is this Magnetic or something else?
Whoops -- look under "photos" and then at the index of "Kingsway Trackday" -- then shot #148. Don't know why I couldn't link up the photo.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hans Stuck said:
Whoops -- look under "photos" and then at the index of "Kingsway Trackday" -- then shot #148. Don't know why I couldn't link up the photo.

Whoops again. I meant shot #138!

The one with the girl giving the windshield a nice handprint.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Also see photo #18.

If that color is available, I'd say it's close enough to Estoril Blue. Save your money.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Modern Wedgie said:
Yes, but from what I heard from Lotus, they are trying to limit the amount of custom orders...
One thing I've learned from being a consultant is you should never say no to a customer; the correct answer is, "how much money do you have?" ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts