The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in this elise. Price is right but it looks a little odd. The car has after market rims which i HATE and the rear is missing the L O T U S lettering. Anyway aside from that the pictures look fine. Now the car is in another part of Canada so I would have to get it shipped to me. Is this a dangerous buy?

All I can think of is getting a carfax check up on it and then taking my chances. The car is an 06 as well so warranty is down to its last year I believe.

Anyway car has just over 5000 km so its near new but someone could have driven it like a maniac. I just don't want to drop all the money I have been saving and get stuck with a lemon. Any tips or comments? What should I do?

Here is a pic.

·
Registered
622 Posts
What part of Canada are you in and where is the car? Sorry, can't see the pic at work so I'm flying blind here.

I would definately fly out to test drive the car in person, then make your decision. Too much money involved to leave it to chance.

The wheels and badging can be easily changed or added. Good luck, they are more fun than a barrel of monkeys!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Were it me, I'd worry less about previous hard driving than about irreparable damage to the frame. Might be good to look it over in person for that sort of thing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm good points. I'm in Toronto and the car is in Quebec so its a distance. I also cant take any time off work to see it(6 day a week job). It is pretty low price wise, lowest I have seen which sort of worries me as well. Anything els i could do?

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
ECU Download.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
I'm not able to see the pic either. Depending on what they are should be fairly easy to sell here. If they are Lotus Cup wheels or RAC monolite I'd be interested in buying them from you(depending on the price of course). Can you send me a pic of the car through PM.

One BIG issue. Make sure it is a registered Canadian car. From my understanding you can not bring in a car from the US and register it in Canada.

ECU dump is a reading from the cars computer management system. It'll tell you how many times it was overreved and how many hard starts the car has. That kind of thing. You can have this done at any Lotus dealership.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Quebec is a beautiful place. Pack up your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/whatever and go have a good time. Visit the car while you're there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Super Moderator
5,452 Posts
yeah I know:S those wheels are ridiculous. It makes me wonder about the car though. Why would someone put them on the car like that and take off the emblem in the back? Does that seem odd to anyone?
Each to their own :shrug: but no biggie to put back to original. Hopefully the original wheels are still available (they do have a very limited market) and the L O T U S logo on the back is a sticker which costs about $20.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well just found another guy selling private he wants 47500 canadian for it. What should I offer and what do you think I should get it for after all the haggling?

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I don't get the photo at all.
The trader link just gives me the front page.

But then nothing works right since the end of elisetalk.
Pages jump around, run slow, so boring.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts