The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Phil,

I toss you and email but also am trying to catch you here. Long story short I am selling my Exige S and purchased the Kold-Fire Cable and 270 Flash.

To pass the OBII Check on CA emissions I flashed back to stock last week and downloaded the latest flashing software from your site. I went to flash it back to 270 today and the software throws the message that it is "Out of date please download the latest version"

I checked and downloaded the software from other KF global vendors and they it throws the same message and does not load. Can you post the link to the latest software?

Thanks,
SP

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Sorry about that. We were waiting as well. The old SW just expired yesterday. We rec'd a new version this morning, but as always, we need to check things out to make sure it's bug free. The new version is vastly overhauled (contains additional functionality, etc), so I need to be extra careful before posting it for everyone to use. Please give me until tomorrow AM. We'll test it on all model years today.

Steve, Check your email...

Cheers,

Phil

·
Registered
678 Posts
Is it really necessary for KF to include built-in expiration dating on the software? Since I just need to swap between tunes on occasion, it's very annoying to have to go get the latest version, and hope it installs and runs OK, esp knowing that the version I used last time worked fine. I only use that particular laptop for KF tunes and for OBD-II logging, so it's rarely even connected to the internet (no regular windoze updates, etc, it just stays virtually static). I suppose I could get around it by fudging the system date setting, but why should I have to?

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Hi Ed,

They have their reasons and that is to make sure everyone is always running the latest SW. I've been round and round with them on it. Believe me when I tell you that the short expiration dates have been waaaaaay more frustrating for me than for you:eek:;) Imagine how my email stacks up everytime a version expires :crazyeyes Not complaining, I get it, just is what it is... That said, this new version is supposed to be good for 6 months or so and has several features the old versions did not. Code reading, clearing, etc:up: I just need to fully test everything before posting it up:eek:

Best,

Phil

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry about that. We were waiting as well. The old SW just expired yesterday. We rec'd a new version this morning, but as always, we need to check things out to make sure it's bug free. The new version is vastly overhauled (contains additional functionality, etc), so I need to be extra careful before posting it for everyone to use. Please give me until tomorrow AM. We'll test it on all model years today.

Steve, Check your email...

Cheers,

Phil
Thanks for the quick response as always you guys rock and thanks again. Just a matter of bad timing for me landing on the expiration date.

Steve

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
me73 - nope. Tried it.

I even used a thumb drive and put it on a laptop that hadn't been online in like 5 months. Reset the date, rebooted, and BAM - didn't work lol.

Phil - would it be possible to have KF give us the date ranges so we can know if we need new software for the track days etc?

P.S.... Got a 102/108 tune for the N/A Evora yet? :D

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Pretty sure you could put it on a VM and detach the date from the host, set the date to "yesterday" and it would probably work. Alternatively, change the date in the bios and it might work... Shouldn't need to, as we're pretty good about getting new SW posted:eek:

This version is supposed to be good for 6 months or so... I think you'll appreciate the new UI and additional function. The specific expiration date has not been published.

We're working on some pretty cool new stuff in this department that may surprise you:cool:. Stay *tuned*:D

Cheers,

Phil

·
Illegal Alien
4,745 Posts
We're working on some pretty cool new stuff in this department that may surprise you:cool:. Stay *tuned*:D

Cheers,

Phil
Good to hear that is still progressing!

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts

·
Registered
3,311 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Phil,

This is Jay in NorCal, I am about to get my 07' exige S smogged and I need to take the 270 tune out and drop the stock tune. When I hit Flashxpress it says "sorry this version has expired! please contact your software vendor for a new version". I went to the boefabrication site; using the tech wiki tab I downloaded the most recent flash express and it still said the same thing after downloading it a couple of times. I called BOE and i'm awaiting word, Perhaps you can expedite things Phil. Thx!

·
Registered
553 Posts
I'm getting the same message. I need to get the KF working again. Please advise.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts