The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching cars for a while and have narrowed it down to a 2007 Lotus Exige S with about 70 miles. This is a new car with an initial service date of 3/30/09. It was a dealer transfer. Car is black on black, track pack, lsd, starshield, touring, ipod, alpine, etc...

Problem is...what is the right price for this car. The dealer is asking $50k.

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
485 Posts
I think too pricey. Search the for sale forum here and see how much slightly used one's have sold for.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
The car is new. The warranty started in March 09? If so, then you still have 2 years and 9 months left on the warranty. Make sure you find out when the warranty started. The price is not too outrageous but a little high. Offer $45k and settle for something in between?

·
Registered
287 Posts
A new Exige S 240 w/o any options has an MSRP of $65,000. With all options, about $50,000 doesn't seem too unreasonable.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Sounds like a deal. I've done stripes on a couple Exige S 240's with window stickers at $77K

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is an 07 so it is the 220 horse model. I've never purchased a new car that was nearly three years old before so this is interesting for me.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
be very careful of damage caused by the car sitting for so long.like tires being flat spotted.head lights burned.cant remember all the things to check for.there was a thread here somewhere that listed all the things that happen to these cars from sitting so long.maybe someone here can fill in the blanks for you.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Sounds like a good price to me! I didn't pay too far from that for one that only had a year left of warranty and 5,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sounds like a good price to me! I didn't pay too far from that for one that only had a year left of warranty and 5,000 miles on it.
I agree. I just bought a used Exige S for a little north of 40K with only 4500 miles, but you're getting the security of knowing you're the first owner. Not that I doubted the seller of my car, mind you, just that buying direct from the dealer is an additional security blanket.

50K for a brand new car that probably stickered for 66K to 68K sounds decent to me.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Agree - 50 seems reasonable to me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts