The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have already collected the data for my own study and am not concerned about doing the work, the problem is that I need to find another econometrics/statistics source that has already researched the same or a similar problem. I have tried a few sources for such journals but have not been able to find any specific articles, if anyone knows of any sources I could try or any articles already written about this problem please help, let me know!

I am trying to determine an equation that will relate lap times to 5 variables - horsepower, weight, torque, tires (economy/sport/racing), and driver skill (based on # of previous experiences autocross racing)

I need to find an article that tries to do the same or similar, relating either lap times, top speeds, or perhaps acceleration times such as 0-60, for various cars with different values for horsepower/weight/etc... I could look up such data on my own, but I need to find a paper that has already been written!

Anyway either PM me or post here, I really do appreciate any help anyone could offer on either sources or papers that I can cite as similar research statistics, thank you

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I suspect that you'll have a hard time of it as it seems as if there's so many other variables you're not using. Are you at least using the same basic car in all the cases?

Good luck to you, I'd love to see the results when you're done!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm actually using a variety of different cars in order to generalize the data, but I have about 300 sets of data ready to type up in excel so hopefully I'll get a fairly accurate general equation that could be used to estimate lap times at other autocrosses. I'm anxious to see what the adjusted R^2 is, which I hope is decently high. I know there are so many more variables out there that could be accounted for - but that's not easy data to collect!

Fortunatly I got my teacher to take a look and he also had no luck finding formal statistics/econometric articles about something like this, so he'll let me cite websites that calculate similar data (such as drag racing).

Still would like to find a formal article about something similar to this if I can!

:sheep:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts