The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to repair wheel and suspension damage on my own nickel (insurance co. keeps trying to cancel me), so I need a set of stock wheels (silver).

Also, cash is at a premium (been downsized), so I'm basically looking for a charity price.

If you've got 'em laying around the garage, let me know. It's my daily driver. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! :bow:

I put in a bid. Let's see what happens.... :popcorn:

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Check out this auction on e-bay--you may be able to pick these up cheap (not my auction, but maybe worth a look?):

eBay Motors: Lotus Elise Rims wheels 4x100 4 lug W/Two (2) Yokohama (item 230336368857 end time Apr-17-09 23:00:00 PDT)
Sweet find. Thanks ;).
Thanks! :bow:

I put in a bid. Let's see what happens.... :popcorn:
I put in a bigger bid :p.

I'M JUST KIDDING.

I hope you get those wheels for really cheap. I tried to snatch you a set of LSS wheels last night for $800 here on the forum but was just a little late. I'm sorry I missed them.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, RoadDad. It's looking as if those eBay bids are going to head north of $800. Too much for stockers. LSS would be cool :)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
That is ridiculous. I couldn't get $500 bucks for mine last month.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Thanks, RoadDad. It's looking as if those eBay bids are going to head north of $800. Too much for stockers. LSS would be cool :)
No problem. I figured if you didn't want them for some reason I would just keep them as an extra set. It was the best price for LSS wheels I had seen. I'm really sorry that I missed them for you. I PM'd MNLotus but he had apparently sold them to a quicker PMer :(.

I'd hold off on $800 for stockers. Cheaper ones will surface here at some point. I'll keep my eyes open.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The wheels on ebay has a +18 offset for the rear, is that correct for the US spec Lotus? Thought they are all +38? Just making sure you thought about that.

·
Super Moderator
5,459 Posts
The wheels on ebay has a +18 offset for the rear, is that correct for the US spec Lotus? Thought they are all +38? Just making sure you thought about that.
Well spotted - +18 is the offset for a Rover engined Elise (the S2 111S). I would question whether or not the seller knows for sure or has made a mistake (got specs from the internet possibly) - there can't be many +18 offset wheels in the US as that model was never imported and cannot be brought in legally for road use.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good catch.... Let me know if you hear of anything. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts