The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I am looking to install a supercharger on my 2005 Elise with 32k miles on it. I have spent countless hours tweeking Porsche and BMW with turbochargers / methanol sytems, but i am new to Lotus. I thought it would be smart to seek the wise counsel of veteran Lotus owners. I have found less potent non intercooled superchargers and then some more aggressive superchargers needing intercooling. I am planning to also place a methanol system behind it. Any advice on aftermarket supercharger brands and models would be much appreciated. Thank you for your direction.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
well there is a whole subforum dedicated to forced induction.

The main kits are: revolution by BOE, Katana by sector 111, and VF2 by vision function

There are reams of data about these in the forced induction forum

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Quick, off the cuff, answers (I am on my lunch break). If you want to only upgrade your engine, try to select one of the kits below 270hp. More HP usually means upgrading the clutch and facing a shorter life expectancy on your transmission (especially if you track).
Over 320ish hp usually means upgrading engine internals (unless you get a 400hp kit and have it "de-tuned" to a lower HP figure "A LA Komiko"). Over 220 HP usually means fuel pump upgrades too.
Katana2 alone, about 218 HP
Katana2 with headers, decat, intake upgrades, about 265 HP
Vision function kits, about 270 and up HP.
TVS supercharger (non intercooled), about 300 HP
Katana2 (intercooled), about 310 hp
TVS supercharger (intercooled with headers, decat, intake upgrades) up to 400 HP
Same item immediately above with DRS E85 conversion, about 450 HP
All of these figures are CRANK HP, allow for about 12 percent loss for Wheel HP.
There will be some people who get less, others who get more HP out of these kits.
Most of the kits are pretty turn-key. Most of the kits include the appropriate flash and injectors required to make them work well. Some people will require additional dyno time and tuning to make it all perfect.

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
Figure 8 to 10 thoughsand. Since you should pull the rear clam anyway you should look at relocating the oil cooler to the rear. Eliminates oil line failure risks, you will be able to change all your oil instead of half of it, and oil temps will be better. Check out Kokimo's recent install. They did a great job with the relocating.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
8 to 10 thousand for?

The blower kits I have been looking at are about 5k.

If you throw in ~$800 for a clutch/flywheel and $~1000 for a fuel surge tank that's still not close to your numbers.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Talk to Phil at BOE - with your knowledge and Phil's engineering and support, you'll get a rocket ship. Nate - REV400 is $7800. Instal REV400 was $1700 iirc.Surge tank i think was 795. Clutch IIRC was $395. R & R the motorfor the job, , with the clutch install was $800. Pull rear clam $300 IIRC. The labor isn't bad. but just those parts alone were $9000+ the catch can and other stuff i'm forgetting . I know you aren't looking there - I hear the VF TVS is pretty hot. And you get free labor.

Attachments

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Sorry, M62 intercooled(I was trying to keep the list short), the upgrade version of the kit (I believe) also works with the Katana2
Link Follows:
BOE Revolution Supercharger Kits
Rev310: M62 kit with everything above plus integrated custom made BELL Air-to-Water Intercooler core, radiator, fans, pump, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, and Kold-Fire ECU Reflash. Approximately 310HP Rocketship! $5,995 + Shipping.

The upgrade kit, which assumes you already have a supercharger:
Here are the UPGRADE options:

BWR or Katana S/C upgrade to Revolution 310: Keep your M62 supercharger and upgrade to intercooled Revolution 310. Includes: Revolution Manifold, Oversized Throttlebody adapter compatible with with BWR Big-Bore TB, M62 kit with integrated custom made BELL Air-to-Water Intercooler core, radiator, fans, bosch motorsport pump, Welbro 255lph fuel pump, 550cc EV14 Injectors, and no-splice adapters. Approximately 310HP Rocketship! Available February $4,295

BWR version 1.0 owners require their supercharger nose to be machined. This extra service is provided free-of-charge provided you ship the supercharger nose ONLY to the address provided. It will be shipped back ground. Additionally the original idler pulley will be used. If you do not have one, it can be purchased by from our friends at Lotus Garage.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys for your input. I am shopping some of these solutions now. What a great group of gents willing to help. Thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts