The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The mechanism that holds the seat in place in my elise slips under a moderate amount of force. I am stranded right now and can't drive the car (unless I risk it slipping all the way back). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
The mechanism that holds the seat in place in my elise slips under a moderate amount of force. I am stranded right now and can't drive the car (unless I risk it slipping all the way back). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
The teeth in my seat rail were not engaging properly... check this post

I'm not sure there's any way to fix it without removing the seat... do you have any tools available?

One other possiblility.. something (piece of plastic, cardboard, etc.) has found it's way under the seat and is interfering with the slot/tooth mechanism...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Slipping Seat

Thanks for the help. I definitely don't have the tools to remove the seat. I haven't found anything under there, but the strap from my Schroth harness may have been caught under there, perhaps that bent the mechanism? I think the best idea I have is to stuff something behind the seat and drive it like that (at least to get home)

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Thanks for the help. I definitely don't have the tools to remove the seat. I haven't found anything under there, but the strap from my Schroth harness may have been caught under there, perhaps that bent the mechanism? I think the best idea I have is to stuff something behind the seat and drive it like that (at least to get home)
Ahh, that might be the culprit... are you sure that none of the excess harness belt is interfering with the seat rail? It's not easy to bend the metal pieces, but it would be fairly easy for even a small amount of material to block the tooth/slot interface... a mirror and a flashlight might help confirm this. Good luck!

Edit: If you look on the photo in the link above, right where the red arrow is, a small piece of material could block the adjustment lever from seating the slots on the teeth... I'd check for that if possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts