The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to hear opinions on what racing tire has the best grip for track/road course. I have used AO48s and AO32s in the past and want way more grip. I'm not concerned about longevity just grip. I am considering the R08s or 09 Hoosiers. Can anyone tell me from experience if there is a tire with more grip than the Hoosier? I trailer my Lotus so it does not need to be DOT legal.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
They why mess with road-legal tires? Go to full slicks I'd say.. Then you can choose your own compound type and sizes.

May need to run 15/16" wheels as these often don't go up in rim size too much, but still. Probably ultimate for grip.

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Falken RS (Racing Slick), Hoosier, and Yokohama Advan Race slicks are your best bet. You probably need to call Falken and Yokohama to see how to special order "race" type tires.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Are you running your stock wheels? Real slicks will probably require new wheels but Hoosier A6 will be close in grip and you can get sizes for stock wheels.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Go with Hoosier R6 if you plan on track days. Use A6 for Autocross. The R6 tire has great adhesion and is very forgiving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts