The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How to I accomplish this task? It is not painfully obvious on a cursory inspection of the vehicle.

Please tell me it is a relatively quick job.

Ron

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Check your owners manual.

Carefully remove turn signal bezel. White tabs that hold bezel on top and bottom break off very easily.

Change bulb.

NOT the easiest thing to do.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
It is a relatively quick job...but maybe not "easy". But first thing, you may not really have to change it. The sockets sometimes develop corrosion and a simple cleaning and re-installing the bulb is the fix.

There is a small hole in the upper corner of the air intake mouth on the front of your clam. Using a skinnier but long tool, insert the tool into the hole. You can feel it press up against the plastic indent on the end of the turn signal housing. This part can be a little tricky... pushing hard on the detent releases the catch from the clam and the housing will just pop up. But you have to push on the right part. You can push up and get a little view of the catch from the top. The other end of the housing (facing rear of the car) has a plastic hook that catches on the clam.

Newer cars include a spring thing to help retain the housing.

The bulb is attached to a socket that just screws into the housing. Unscrew it. For me, I also shortened up the wiring harness so that if the housing pops out (it does on mine), it does not hit the ground.

·
Registered
980 Posts
evilfij said:
How to I accomplish this task? It is not painfully obvious on a cursory inspection of the vehicle.

Please tell me it is a relatively quick job.

Ron
Hit a pot hole it should pop out.rotfl

This is how I do it.
The housing has a spring clip on the bumper side and a tab that slides in on the windshield side. I use a pick with a 90 deg bend at the end to pull the housing up then I use a straight pick to push the clip in to disengage it.

Chris

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is for the one in the front clam as seen in CHRISN avitar above?

I am guessing this is not warranty work in lotus world?

Ron

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I would imagine that bulbs are considered consumable. Now if you go through one every couple months, then you may have a warranty issue.

You may want to look at LED based ones. Less power, last longer, and pretty bright.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts