The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I detailed the GT2 yesterday.
I am not much for detailing cars and am definitely far from a pro.

The procedure is: wipe on, wait until it turns a hazy white color
(the part you start on will be done by the time you get back
around to it), wipe off, then let sit in the garage for 12 hours.

The best part of this stuff is it supposedly lasts for about 6
months and will keep everything sliding off your paint so a simple
wash will get it back to looking perfect. It's also really good on
wheels because brake dust will wipe right off (no brake dust with
the carbon brakes though).

These pictures were taken with our crappy little camera and have
not been touched up or changed in any way. The stuff really
looks good and was fairly easy to apply. I did not do the wheels so they are a bit dirty.

If you want more details check out www.rejexusa.com .
I have no affiliation with the company but the guy who started that website is on the Porsche boards and is a good guy.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Just got some RejeX UPS yesterday along with some CorrosionX. I don't plan on putting the RejeX on the paint - just on the wheels to make the brake dust easy to remove. I'm chicken to try on the paint - maybe I'll try in on a part of my wife's E500 (less important than the Elise LOL) The CorrosionX is a good lube - I used is a bit and like it so far but too early to really tell much.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
agent.5 said:
How is the shine and durability compare to Zaino?

How many coatings do the 16oz bottle last?
i've never used Zaino so i can't tell. My guess is the Rejex will last a bit longer and is a bit shinier but has less depth to it if that makes sense.

I would say you can get 4-7 coats out of a bottle but that's really just a guess since this was my first one.

-Steve

·
Registered
129 Posts
I mentioned RejeX on another post. I use it on my black 1987 911 and it works great. About one a month I go over it with a polymer-based "wax" to deepen the shine and to eliminate all streaking. NOTHING sticks to the paint.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
i think your house looks better than the GT2.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
shay2nak said:
i think your house looks better than the GT2.
i should hope so...it sure cost considerably more :p

In all seriousness that is my parents' new house in Beverly Hills. It is pretty amazing and they absolutely stole it. A year after they bought it it was appraised for 20% more than they paid.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Anyway, back on topic, the Rejex really is cool stuff. It is pretty fool proof and seems to be a great alternative for people like me that are not terribly anal but would like a long lasting, easily maintainable shine.

-Steve

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
offroadr35 said:
In all seriousness that is my parents' new house in Beverly Hills.
I had a feeling it was BH. Even though it could be several other places. :cool:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Just did the entire 2004 E500 Merc except windows - goes on easy aqd comes off well but used 4 full sized towels to do it. Looks great on headlights and clear and great on the paint. Very good shine and reflections - but I'm not a detailing expert so just hosing off the birdshit looks good to me. Did the wheels to see how it keeps the brake dust off - they were really bad. Look wonderful now. I'll let you now if they clean easinly next time. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Seems to be very popular with the Porsche crowd. As far as longevity, here's one datapoint received from Steve @ Guru Reports.

When I tested it last summer and again this summer, I found it to be average. Durability was about 4-6 weeks, shine was average, gloss was average. Reminded me of a Liquid Glass or a Finish First.
He had some more, less flattering comments. Surprised that he only got 4-6 weeks out of it. Steve (offroader), you should let us know in a couple of months how it is doing. I would have thought that it could last longer than that, consider that some carnaubas can acheive that. Also let us know of dust repulsion.

How long something lasts and how long you are willing to let it stay before refreshing the surface is also another story.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got my Guru Reports Wax Test, and Zaino Brothers was far and away the best product. I ordered the kit, and applied 3 coats of Z2 show car polish using Z6 gloss enhanser between coats. This stuff is very inexpensive when you consider that I only used less than 1/2 ounce for three coats on the Elise. They warn you to use it sparingly like it was gold.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Rejex report - been 1-1/2 weeks since I did the entire E500 - nothing on the wheels - very light coating of brake dust if you rub your finger on the wheel and the brake dust does not stick to the wheels AT ALL! it just rinses off with water and not much force - absolutely does not stick. And bugs on the front are not stuck - they just wipe off with no effort. The shine is great but again, I'm no expert - but the entire car feels very slippery almost like it has a coat of light oil on it but it doesn't of course. I put Rezex on some of the glass - you can't see it, stays clear but I did not try the windshield - I'll try the windshield and see if it actl like RainX. I like this stuff and will definitely continue to use it on the Elise. Great tip - thanks

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Rejex is loved by many and disregarded by many. Whatever you use the main thing is to use *something*. I'm using Rejex on my wheels and the lower high-soil-exposure areas along the sides of the car, along with the dead bug zone up front. Also, the back half of the diffuser. The aluminum diffuser seems to be a bit porous or rough surfaced and so may tend to retain soot and road grime. The diffuser does clean up very easily though if you use some bug and tar remover.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I just applied Rejex to the S2000 upon which I have used the 'older' Zaino, Zymol Japon, Meguiar's Gold Class, etc., and am very pleased with the reflectivity (my wife said it looks like a mirror) and slippery feel of the finish. I did leave the last sections on a bit longer before wiping off and found more effort needed to get the haze off. I prepped with Mother's Clay prior to Rejex.

If finish appearance, ease of rejecting surface contaminants, and time needed before reapplication hold up, then I will continue to use Rejex, especially since I purchased a gallon of Rejex!

My wife wants me to apply Rejex on her SUV....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts