The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where should i go and what should i do? My first track day is on the 18th. I'm scheduled for my 1000 mile service next wednesday. I need to rack up 400 miles on saturday.

Is there anything cool going on in San Diego? I don't really feel like going to Vegas. Any other suggestions? Anyone interested in an adventure?

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Don't know what you schedule is, but I just posted that I am going to take an adventure to an unknown destination starting tomorrow. Was thinking about heading up north, but I'm open to whatever.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm already taking tomorrow off to go down to Sector111. I can't even work since i bought this car :eek:

Saturday is really the day. It shouldn't be hard to rack up 400.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
offroadr35 said:
i'm already taking tomorrow off to go down to Sector111. I can't even work since i bought this car :eek:

Saturday is really the day. It shouldn't be hard to rack up 400.
Have a great time at Sector 111. I have been meaning to get there one of these days and meet Shinoo. 400 miles in So Cal. is no problem. That's a little more than to the grocery store and back.

Ron

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
In San Diego this weekend are the Historic Races at Coronado. A bunch of us will be there on sunday.

And I'd certainly be interested in an adventure on saturday :D

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
II-soon said:
I smell love in the air. :D
Hee hee! :p I mean (ahem!), that's how rumors get started! ;) :p

If it were me, I'd head up to Solvang and Santa Ynez, cruise around the wineries, then head up to Hearst Castle in San Simeon, then up to The Apple Farm Inn in San Luis Obisbo (fantastic restaurant, adorable and romantic rooms with fireplaces, and some of the best apple butter I've ever had.) The next morning, take a return drive along the coast, head inland toward Ojai and return back to Los Angeles. That should get you over 400 miles easy!

Bob

·
Registered
687 Posts
I just did a road trip to Orange County last weekend. It was about 450 miles or so one way, so going up the coast halfway and back should easily cover you.

With the quick break-in and this last road trip, I've already got over 2,600 miles on the odometer!

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
Hell, go to the canyons, angeles crest, the heck with road miles get to the twisties.
Chris
I'm with Chris. Take the 2 to angeles crest. Don't make the turn towards Lancaster & you can go on very little traffic, very twistie roads for hours. Lots of fun. ;)

I did this not too long ago... got my first speeding ticket *ever* about 2 miles from returning to civilization. :p Watch for cops near the bottom.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
The East coasters know our roads ok, but not the current weather. :(

Last week, when the Santa Anas came in, the CHP closed Angeles Crest due to fire dangers. Don't know if its reopened yet. Check internet road report before deciding to go that route.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
zvezdah1 said:
What are you left coasters doing up this early??
Chris:)
there's money to be made ;)

i'm looking for more of a relaxed road trip than a twisties run. I'll probably figure out my plans tomorrow.

Today i'm going down to Temecula to get a Quicksilver exhaust and Kodiak wheels from Shinoo :D

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
the 2 is a very dangerous road... far too many people cruising and a very wide variety of speeds for my tastes. A lot of bikers and a lot of sunday drivers. Not a good combination.

I'm going to try the 33 north from Ojai this weekend. We are on our way to San Fransisco for a wedding. It should test our ability to pack the Elise to the max.

·
Registered
56 Posts
33 is a fun road, but I haven't had much luck with traffic on it (not a whole lot of cars, but the ones that are there tend to travel under the posted limits). One outing on that road I ran into -- I kid you not -- the VW New Beetle club. Why the beetle club was doing a drive through a mountain road at 25mph is beyond me...
33 is also within relatively short driving distance of Highway 58! :)

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok it's gettin to crunch time. What am i gonna do? No one's up for a Club111 meet in San Diego? MW, got any adventure ideas?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts