The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:panic: Ok, so i've read a few posts that have mentioned a thread about instructions to replace the headlamps....the only one I found contained a no-longer valid link to some other website (forget the name just now).
Does someone have a great way to replace the lamps - as i'm worried about just how to pry off the silicone seal around the covers without scratching my hood all to S^&*T!!
Greatly appreciate anyone's advice/help.

BG

-poke-

·
Registered
557 Posts
:panic: Ok, so i've read a few posts that have mentioned a thread about instructions to replace the headlamps....the only one I found contained a no-longer valid link to some other website (forget the name just now).
Does someone have a great way to replace the lamps - as i'm worried about just how to pry off the silicone seal around the covers without scratching my hood all to S^&*T!!
Greatly appreciate anyone's advice/help.

BG

-poke-
You need to take out the wheel liner, then remove the three screws holding the lens cover in place:

Lotus Elise Maintenance, Adjusting the Headlights

·
Registered
485 Posts
Here is another link for you to follow incase you want to not just replace the bulb but want to do a conversion to HID's.

HID install

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
If your car is an '07-08, you will just need to remove the wheel well liner, pop a single retainer clip and pull the bulb out. No screws (except the liner ones), no cover removal, etc.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Necessary? No. Easier? Maybe.

You may actually be able (on an '07-08) to just pull back the front of the well liner without removing the entire piece to gain access to the bulbs. There are two rubber weather caps that also pop out of the lamp housing that I forgot to mention (you'll see them. Just grab the tab and pull.) before you get to the retaining clips.

It's pretty straight forward.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts