The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys..need your opinion on value of my 05 CO Elise.

I adore this car. Absolutely love it. The only reason I am considering letting her go is because I don't drive it.

Why? I have other cars. (Specifically, a 09 Ferrari Scuderia that pretty much is a bigger Elise.)

Help me establish value.

Basics:
Chrome Orange/ Black
Hard Top
Less than 10k (I think)
Never been tracked, painted...its darn near perfect.
I bought the car from the original owner in 08.

I KNOW you guys will want pics. Will load pics this weekend.

This has been a hobby car for me and I have added a few bits:
Installation of everything done by DRS over the last few years.

I have 90% of the stock parts. I sold the OE wheels..and maybe the front brakes. Car came with Lotus Leather door cards, center console.

BWR with the latest software. Charlie tune. Kris dyno'ed the car something like 230-250 HP. I honestly dont recall. Its plenty fast and never leaves you feeling underpowered. Moroso (I think) baffled oil pan.

New battery and alternator. Alternator relocated.

BOE Exhaust. The quieter version.

TR Motorsports wheels (Centers painted black) and new tires. New in that they have almost no miles on them.

It has a new shift mechanism. I dont recall who makes it but, it is a work of art. All aluminum. Car shifts brilliantly.

Lots of interior and exterior CF.
Off the top of my head:
ReVerie center console and rear console.
CF Door panels.
CF door sills (dont fit great)
CF engine lid with mesh.
CF ReVerie side pods with mesh.
CF Craftsquare Mirrors
All the louvers from the front clam have been replaced with mesh.
CF Reverie ( I think) front spoiler.

Suspension is more or less everything S111 sells.
Nitron Singles.
SD braces etc
I will get the list but, its more or less S111s complete list of suspension bits.

Breaks;
Again from S111.
308BBk
AND we upgraded the rears for the Cupdiscs as well.

I am confident the car in stock form is worth around $30k. I wont put it back to stock. If I can't find anyone to buy her for a decent price I will just keep the car. It is so much fun to drive...it feels every bit as alive as the Scuderia. I do honestly live this Lotus.

Car is located in Socal.

Any suggestions fellas?

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Ur crazy! Obviously you can aford it but in 2 years u will regret it! Then trying to replace it will be tough. Trust me 30 G's is nothing compared to the feeling the lotus gives. Keep it you will be happy!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,684 Posts
31.5 or so...

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
It's really hard to say as the mods, while expensive to put on never garner anywhere close to what their worth in a resale. Issues from the new buyer trusting it was all done right and the risk of buying a headache car can lower the value in some ways. No accusations there at all, just the reality.

My gut says $35k - clearly you'd do better if you returned it to stock and sold everything but if you've got a 430 Scud in the garage clearly you're not motivated by finances, just want to get what's fair for it.

And yeah, pictures will help. Best of luck, I know someone in the market so I'm going to pass this along.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
i'd say about $25k..... what a coincidence, i've got 25k :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys...

I told my wife I was thinking about selling it...her reaction.."no you aren't...if you want to sell it I will drive it"

So, thats that ;)

Thanks guys and have a great holiday.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Thanks guys...

I told my wife I was thinking about selling it...her reaction.."no you aren't...if you want to sell it I will drive it"

So, thats that ;)

Thanks guys and have a great holiday.

WOW! Any aftermarket parts on the wife? She sounds wonderful!

·
Back to the Future, again
6,154 Posts
Just went through this... if you want to sell it with the mods and get what's fair on it, good luck, you will never ever do it, not from the dealer, and not from the private party buyer who will nickel and dime you for it. You're better off restoring it and selling the parts, like to me... or someone else... and let us enjoy it.

Good to hear you are keeping it though. I am thinking that I want another car but I will never ever find a car like this Elise with the raw, elemental, open design in this country ever again. This is pretty much it for this type of car. Even Lotus is not going to build any more like this.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Had the Scuderia out for most of the day. It really is the Lotus +10. Its amazing how much the cars feel the same.

For that reason I am leaning towards selling it. I would get the wife a classic MB SL or a 911. Either would be more to her liking. (late 80s SL, late 80s 911)

SO, I would consider offers over $35k. I will take a few pics tomorrow and post them. I checked the odo...11k.

If you have interest pm me..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
update: keeping it and completing the project...seats and a few track sessions. No reason to sell it...appreciated the feedback. I know I would regret selling it. Nothing is like a well tuned and sorted Elise.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Guys,

Its been 7 months since I posted this originally...and in that time I have driven the Elise maybe 200 miles. I did add CF seats and completed the mesh grill project.

I have 6 other cars and this one isn't being used and I am sure it will remain that way.

I love this car..and always will but, time to sell.

Read the original post. All the details are the same except that I did at the Technocraft CF seats (and pads). Highest offer over $36k. I am not negotiable. I imagine that I have at least $20k in aftermarket goodness. (Read the specs).

If she doesn't sell, back in storage!

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
GLWS but me thinks you'll be storing her for quite a long time at that price. While yes, you have a ton into the mods everyone will tell you that you'll never get the value out of them by leaving them on the car - hell some people will think it lowers the value. And right now '05 Elises with 10k miles are probably in the $28k range.

My advice - pull the parts off and sell them then sell the car, you'll make far more that way and it'll take far less time. Just my .02, best of luck.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
appreciate the feedback.

From what I have read the car is 100% OE condition would be around $30-32. $6k for the add-ons is a no brainer.

If it doesn't sell as-is I may consider parting it out.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts