The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NELLI is having their first drive of the year on Sunday, April 27. The have extended an offer to any E-Talk members who would like to join in. Here are the details. If anyone is interested please let me know by the 22nd and then I can forward your information to NELLI.

NELLI Spring Drive April 2008

NELLI's first official event of the year will be a tour of eastern Connecticut on Sunday April 27th.

We will meet at 10:00 am in Sturbridge, MA in the parking lot of Rom's Restaurant located on Rt. 131S about one mile south of Rt. 20 on the right. From there we will take 131 south to Southbridge and catch Rt. 169 off to the right just past the center of town.

We will cruise down scenic Rt. 169 until we get to Norwich. In Norwich we will head east on Rt. 82 and visit Gillette Castle State Park. The castle itself does not open until memorial Day but I am told the scenic vistas are terrific. After the stop at the castle we will continue on 82 for a short distance until we get to East Haddam where we will stop for lunch at the Gelston House (plenty of parking behind). http://www.gelstonhouse.com/

After lunch we will start the trek back to Sturbridge taking Rt. 149 north to Rt. 2 west to Rt. 66 north joining onto Rt. 6 east to Rt. 198 north which will get us back to Southbridge, MA. Taking 131 north will get us back to Sturbridge where one can catch either Rt. 84 or Rt. 90.

For those who have not had enough and would like to sample some local suds we could proceed to the Pioneer Brewing Company in nearby Fiskdale. http://www.hylandbrew.com

Those planning to attend please e-mail to let me know so we don't leave without you. Please let me know before Wednesday the 23rd so that lunch reservations can be made.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Count me in. I have not yet heard a reply from NELLI's treasurer re: joining, but I would like to do this drive. I do not have your email address, so I will just post here. Thank you.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Me too! I'm in!
Too bad it wasn't this past weekend, what nice weather!! Had the top off Saturday!

Bruce :shift:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can always talk to Mark about that at the event.

I'll be there as well.
Mark and I have been talking and I think an e-mail went out to all the NELLI members. But thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
3,112 Posts
Mark and I have been talking and I think an e-mail went out to all the NELLI members. But thanks!!
It did, but my comment was about Cardinal's question regarding membership in NELLI. Since the invite has been extended L-Talk it's moot, but if anyone wants to join NELLI they can discuss it with Mark at the event.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Checking calendar.:)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK - So that's:
Me
Cardinal
Keeper
BMJM100
HiroY

BTW - Keeper - sorry - I misread you're post.

·
Super Moderator
3,112 Posts
Count me in.

Hey, an Esprit gets lonely on the road these days. Somebody show me some love and caravan with me out to Sturbridge. I'm in the Boston area.

Thanks,
Will
ok

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
1 - 20 of 57 Posts