The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good evening,

NEMOLL will host a cruise on November 2nd 2019, please reply or PM if you can attend so I can gather a car count. The cruise map is attached, however the specifics are outlined below. The stops are a recommendation, though they may change the day of depending on the groups desire. I am trying to keep rest stops at as close to the 1 hour mark as possible. We will end the day at British Beer Co. in Westford, MA for food and beer. The DEPART time is prompt please arrive gassed up and early enough to get coffee and socialize before we depart, I plan to arrive at Stem & Bean at 8:30AM and will be coming from the Portland MAINE area.
  • MEET 8:30 AM: Stem & Bean - 129 Littleton Rd (Rt 110), Westford, MA
  • DEPART 9:00AM
  • STOP 1: Barre, MA (Restroom) [20 minutes]
  • STOP 2: West Chesterfield, MA (Restroom/Gas) [30 minutes]
  • STOP 3: South Lancaster, MA (Restroom) [20 minutes]
  • END 5:00PM British Beer Co, Westford MA (Food + Drinks to close out)
Link to Kurviger Map

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s a great point, I’ll update the original post. This is open to all Lotus owners, you don’t need to be a NEMOLL member. Pending weather of course, ?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I am going to try and make it to this drive, t has been a long time since I have been able to participate. Provided the weather cooperates, I will be there.

Dave

Reactions: F1erceK

·
Super Moderator
3,113 Posts
I am going to try and make it to this drive, t has been a long time since I have been able to participate. Provided the weather cooperates, I will be there.

Dave
It has been a long time!

I'm planning on going as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I worked with nosirrahx tonight (well he did most of the work, I just asked for his help!), and he provided us with a GREAT Western MA route to add to our cruise. The route linked below can be shortened if need, and also if the group decides we can take a highway on the way to or on the way back in order to keep our time frame.

Link to nosirrahx route

If you have any questions you wish to keep private, you may PM him.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The route posted above is one I run frequently with smaller groups. 10 or less is optimal.

The route is designed to stay on back roads as much as possible in an area with little to no traffic.

The route is also planned illogically so in the event that we get stuck behind someone, they wont be going our way for very long since our way makes no sense (other than just for fun).

I am attaching a few pics I took along the way so you can get a feel of how remote these roads are.

·
Registered
126 Posts
This is the routing I have come up with. The first link will get you out to Williamsburg Cumberland Farms. A few guys said they wanted to start there.
The second link includes the western MA back road route and then takes you to the final destination.
The times given by kurviger are way off, I will try to get a better approximation for us this week.
The waypoints in western MA are just there to force the route, you can ignore them, use the turn by turn directions instead.

If anyone wants to start in Williamsburg you cannot use google, it will give you the wrong address for Cumberland Farms (very wrong, sends you up a dirt road). The address to use is for the pizza place next door (A-1 Hilltown Pizza).

·
Super Moderator
3,113 Posts
We need to move the start location out of Littleton cafe. The parking lot is big but minimal vacancy on the weekend. (I checked yesterday.) I suggest we move to Stem & Bean in Westford. Lots of parking on weekends and within sight of the planned end point, British Beer, Co. People can get gas when the get off the highway then meet at Stem & Bean at 8:30 for (good espresso) coffee. Pastries are from the North End.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
So is this the new meet spot? Me and a couple friends are thinking about meeting up at start and then doing part of cruise. We have an event at 2 we need to be at so we thinking cruise to Quabbin and then break off and circle back if you guys are good with this?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok sure, sounds good! The NEW meet location for the START of the cruise is:

Stem & Bean
129 Littleton Rd,
Westford, MA 01886

Keeper, I cannot edit my post after the forum updates recently. Also thank you for finding this out and letting us know!

If anyone has any issues please call or text: 207-219-3715

·
Registered
126 Posts
Doing some routing and calculating today it looks like these are the estimated times.

Leg 1 (start to Cumberland Farms in Williamsburg) : 2 hours 45 minutes*
Leg 2 (Williamsburg to gas station in Ashfield) : 35 minutes
Leg 3 (Ashfield to 'The Rapids bar and grill' @ 112/66 intersection) : 1 hour 10 minutes
Leg 4 (112/66 to final destination) : 3 hours 15 minutes*

*Leg 2 and 3 are timed by actual driving and should be accurate. Leg 1 and 4 seem to be way overestimating the drive times (kurviger estimate).
Doing some quick math having an average speed of 45 MPH leg 1 will take 2 hours and leg 4 will take 2 hours and 45 minutes.

Leg 3 can have 15 minutes removed with a simple reroute without losing anything spectacular, I plan on doing this to save a bit of time.

Assuming that we can average 45 MPH on leg 1 and leg 4 the total drive time will be 6 hours and 15 minutes.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Those roads you took us on a few weeks ago were great and you guys will have a blast. If it wasnt for a prior commitment would have done entire run. Does this mean you wont be coming to Bill's?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts