The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

My name is Brent and I live in Minnesota. I recently picked up an '06 Elise, Black on Black, Touring, excellent condition, pretty low miles.

I have been reading and lurking these forums constantly since. Well, also before the purchase. The community and associated info is truly amazing.

I tried to attach a couple pictures but they appeared upside down. I'll try and figure that out.

Looking forward to be part of the gang.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Hmmmm... I know we had a very late spring here in the upper Midwest but still no leaves on your trees?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
More info

You guys notice some funny stuff. The picture is from when I first looked at/drove the car. That was mid May. It took a few weeks to pry it loose from previous owner. So that explains the leaves. They were indeed late this year. And gas has gone up thanks to a summer holiday or two. But it's still way cheaper than where I am working in NY.

I have had the car professionally detailed and put the Star Shield back on. I am guessing a previous owner pulled it off to sell it.

I have also swapped the factory exhaust for a Larini SC Sport Exhaust. Nice burble now.

I popped the Cobra Antenna free, what a difference not to have to be inside the car to unlock it.

I upgraded the stereo, mainly so that I could connect my iPhone. At the same time, I put in a bit more sound dampening, but not too much. Just enough to tighten up the rear panel.

I am battling with the AC which doesn't seem to hold coolant more than a few weeks. Just haven't had time to solve that one. One trip to the dealer made me want to figure that one out myself.

It's been a super fun little car. In most cases, it rides better than I would have guessed. It draws a surprisingly wide array of attention, mostly good. Which is fine except when people try and take pictures of my while they are driving.

A few other upgrades planned, probably ending with a supercharger over the winter.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
I figured something of the like. Welcome!

If you're looking for a really cool car adventure you should take a weekend trip to Road America in Elkhart Lake Wisconsin for some races. We'll be camping there in August for the TUDOR series with an Elise and an Exige.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts