The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI, Criswell Lotus in Maryland has a new 2004 Esprit in Gunmetal Gray for sale. It's absolutely beautiful. Sticker is $94K, Tom said that they were offering it for $79K. Sounds like a good deal on a nice ride! I'm just passing along the info, interested parties should contact Criswell directly. Max

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
eliseowner2b said:
Sounds like a sweet deal. How does the straight line performance compare to the elise? 0-60 , 1/4 mile etc?
Shaken not stirred :p

Kidding aside,

Weight: 3043 lbs
Engine: 350 hp 295 lb/ft
top speed: 178 mph
0-60: 4.4 secs
ground clearance 4.1 inches that is low!!!!

Anyway, the visibility is pretty bad and it's very dated, but I would love to own one.. but even at 80K it's too much for me.

·
Registered
709 Posts
The ground clearance is the killer. I had a 2002 and when we moved to a city where entryways to normal parkinglots were steeply angled to assist with flood control and runoff, I had to scout entrances adn exits before taking the Esprit out. I literally would not take it somewhere I had not been before because I did not know if I would be able to get in (or worse, out) of the parking lot without causing hundreds of dollars worth of dameage.

I'll probably get another one next year though :)

·
Registered
709 Posts
Re: low car?

choi0706 said:
they are seriously LOW! i saw two at star motor cars and their lower lip is seriouly about 3 inchs off the ground.:eek:
Exactly 3 inches, actually. I know b/c I had to sign a wavier when my '02 was transported that specified that the height (3 inches) was below the recommended minimum for being put on the flatbed.

·
Banned
901 Posts
The front spolier (lower lip) is a sacrificial lamb on the Esprit. The newer models, 2002+ have the Sport 350 spoiler which is ridiculously low. It looks great, but most Esprit owners go back to the standard front spolier which allows about 2-3 more inches of ground clearence. Still a lamb, but less costly!

Feff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts