The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the newest Elise has a pretty sweet front end. I can't seem to find the US release date for the car. Does anyone have that information?

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Well, the newest Elise has a pretty sweet front end. I can't seem to find the US release date for the car. Does anyone have that information?
Lotus USA and the dealers would like to first clear their lots of stale inventory, although over the last couple of years most of the new cars have been brought in on order only, so there really are not too many unsold new cars floating around out there, I would guess. Hard to sell these off the show room floor these days.

Contact a Lotus dealer and see if you can order one.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Hello!

The newly updated 2011 Elise range will enter the US and Canadian markets in the late summer of 2010.

The 2011 Elise range for the US and Canadian markets will consist of the following versions:

Lotus Elise – 1.8 liter, 4-cylinder engine with 189 hp and 133 ft.-lbs. of torque and Lotus Elise SC – 1.8 liter supercharged 4-cylinder engine with 218 hp and 156 ft.-lbs. of torque.-poke-:UK:
What, no Elise S? It would be very cool to have a sport car that gets 45mpg...

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
I have a sold order that will be here this month.
You're lucky, us west coast dealers have to wait til the boat passes the Gulf before unloading in Houston then railed to Long Beach before finally being trucked to San Diego. That's an additional 4-6 weeks wait time :huh:

Regarding your sold order, I think you'll start to see "most" dealers are now ordering for customers as oppose for stock which in the end bodes well for dealers, customers and Lotus.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts