The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all - sound interesting? A few of these are out there. I'm thinking of trading my expiring warranty 2011 Evora for one of these! I have loved my 2011, minor issues (stereo/nav),but I have just a few months left. I hear these just came on the marked from a failed Chinese dealership venture. Bottom line Lotus took these back, did some preventative warranty (batteries, fluids, brakes...) and redeployed them in the US. Worries of a car sitting around doing nothing for 3 years (only 15 miles on these)? What maintenance should be demanded before taking ownership? I love these cars!

·
Illegal Alien
5,259 Posts
What is your information source, doesn't make sense from a number of angles including costs of converting reg's, fact that lotus parent owns China distribution company etc.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree that the numbers don't make sense. Cars are listed on the typical online brokers. I'm worried that something is wrong with them since they have been idle for so many years.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I heard that same story from the Jacksonville dealership ... I have notice a few dealerships with these "new" 2011.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I saw a really nice evora s for sale new for around 63. It is blue. I thought It was a great deal. I guess you could get it for 60.

·
Illegal Alien
5,259 Posts

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Don't know where you are located but if you are looking for a 2011 Evora with warranty left, check out Secor Lotus in New London, CT. They have 3 or 4 2011's remaining (all new) with about a 1 1/2 warranty left on them.

The story, as i understand it, is that when they took over the lotus dealership from the prior owners, the title changed on these cars which started the warranty period however i have seen them personally and test drove one of them and they are beautiful. mileage was insignificant

·
Premium Member
6,981 Posts
Don't know where you are located but if you are looking for a 2011 Evora with warranty left, check out Secor Lotus in New London, CT. They have 3 or 4 2011's remaining (all new) with about a 1 1/2 warranty left on them.

The story, as i understand it, is that when they took over the lotus dealership from the prior owners, the title changed on these cars which started the warranty period however i have seen them personally and test drove one of them and they are beautiful. mileage was insignificant

I second this from a nice dealership that needs to move these fast!!!:bow:

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
These just came into port, several new 2011s at several dealerships. 55-60

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Cars were originally US cars designated to go to China. At the time Lotus did not own the rights to the name "Lotus" in China so anything on the vehicle that has the name had to be removed. The deal in China was ultimately canceled for various reasons so Lotus had the vehicles shipped back to the US and offered to dealers with a 2 year warranty however vehicles were titled so will be sold as used. I wouldn't worry about the cars sitting as Lotus Cars USA is going through each and every vehicle before releasing to certain dealers. Dealers still have to perform their PDI's before selling to customer so in the end, the client "should" get the car with no issues.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Do these vehicles still have the Lotus logos and references removed?

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
No, Lotus is re-installing badges, names, calipers, brakes etc. etc to vehicle. This was only removed for the China market but not the case here in the US

Do these vehicles still have the Lotus logos and references removed?

·
Supporting Vendor
448 Posts
This is a great opportunity to purchase a nearly new vehicle at a significant savings. I believe all available 2011’s are 6-speed manuals. Several are coming without the Tech pack and reversing camera, so make sure you look closely! The three 2011's we chose are loaded with Premium package, Sport package, Technology package with Reversing camera, Sports ratio gearbox, and Starshield. All vehicles will have had fluids changed and will go through a proper PDI once received.

We should have the following 2011's arriving within a few weeks: 2011 2+0 NA 6-speed Storm Titanium/Charcoal, 2+0 NA 6-speed Canyon Red/Charcoal, and 2+2 NA 6-speed Phantom Black/Charcoal. I believe the Phantom Black is pending as of today. Should anyone have interest in the Storm Titanium or Canyon Red, please do not hesitate to PM me or call me.

Brian
317-245-6312

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
No, Lotus is re-installing badges, names, calipers, brakes etc. etc to vehicle. This was only removed for the China market but not the case here in the US
Pity. I was hoping to purchase one, re-band it as a "Bullita" (NOT "Bulleta") and make $100K profit. ;)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just came from the Lotus dealership in Atlanta and there's a dark gray MY11 Evora that they said they just sold for about 55k. Same story that you got; China reject, 2yr/24k warranty.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
There's a carbon grey on its way to So. Cal soon :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
rskdsk seems to have alot of experience paying 55k for new MY 12's with ips. (he's bought 3 cars like that as I recall). that seems like alot better deal than all the MY 11 manuals around, or am I missing something? I know a MY 13 stick, new that went for around 61 in december. probably not many of those left and not too many dealers willing to go that low, but the market will decide. That kind of pricing wouldn't interest me and I had been in the evora market, but ultimately, I decided to go in a different direction.

·
Registered
4,901 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Keeping my fingers crossed ... my 2012 IPS is on a truck right now with expected deliver wednesday afternoon. I did end up paying a bit more than 55k ... 56.4k for a fully optioned carbon grey with carbon viper interior ... however after dealer fees, transport, registration, and taxes ... I will have 60k into it.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts