The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Is anyone actually buying these cars? It seems like a big risk given the manufacturer's uncertain future.

Can anyone vouch for any improvements in quality for MY2012? Are they at least water tight?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is anyone actually buying these cars? It seems like a big risk given the manufacturer's uncertain future.

Can anyone vouch for any improvements in quality for MY2012? Are they at least water tight?
They did a much better job on the interior on the 2012 and also the new auto tranny

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
Same here. Have driven in substantial rain with no problem atoll.

The 2012 interior is very nice. Well, so is the 2011, but there are definite desirable improvements to a MY2012

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Actually EVERY time I have driven to Dallas to the dealership and back I have come back in heavy to insane rain that caused a 70mph highway (read this average traffic moving at 90) to go under 40. No water inside.

Great cars and the 12's are only that much better. It was not just a little improvement - it is substantial.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Just saw a MY12 at FVMC.

The interior is stunning. The leather has some woven/piped accents and the steering wheel/console aluminum area has this textured blacked out material Looks fantastic.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes the interior finish is amazing with the contrast stitch and piping! Black with red piping and stitch...stunning.
The transmission is a really nice blend of sporty and smooth, the car feels snappy. It doesn't feel like a comprimise driving the automatic. I love it, especially with the button selectors instead of a lever...looks cool too!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes the interior finish is amazing with the contrast stitch and piping! Black with red piping and stitch...stunning.
The transmission is a really nice blend of sporty and smooth, the car feels snappy. It doesn't feel like a comprimise driving the automatic. I love it, especially with the button selectors instead of a lever...looks cool too!!
Okay....its all looking really cool :clap:..Specially the interior finish as described by you..When I will get it I will share my experience with you.
thanks

·
Illegal Alien
5,147 Posts
MY 12's are fine, surprised on delayed timing of this thread other than recent Lotus announcement, car has been in states for 6 months, I got the first one on the road back in February.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts