The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, new 240 S owner. I’m trying to get some more information regarding my new Lotus. Some background, I’ve been lurking here since 2005 (when it was called "Elise Talk"), after my first test drive of a 05’ Elise. Last week I sold my 04’ NSX and purchased an Exige.

Now let me start by saying…. I really did keep up reading “a lot “ of what has been posted here over the past 4 years. I’ve also spent many hours over the past two weeks searching most of what I’m going to ask, and while I found some partial answers to my questions, I’d like to try to further clarify some issues. Once again I really did spend some time searching with only partial luck, so any links to great threads about the 240 S would be fantastic.

-I did not receive a supplemental 2008 manual with my purchase. Does anyone have a scanned version they can send me? Is there a downloadable version available ? My manual is for a Elise or Exige ( and I did RTFM twice already ), not a S or 240 S model, so I think I’m missing some vital information specific to my model.

-Do I have TPMS on my car ?

-my Digital display on my car reads in kph, how can I switch to mph ?

-I know most of the upgrades on my car over a 2007 version ( ie; full roof scoop, larger injectors ((550’s, right ? )), upgraded brakes fr/rear, adj traction control, Launch control (( I know not to use this or will void the warranty )), new dash panel color with 3 separate shift lights ). Am I missing anything ?

Once again, thanks for your help in advance.

Bill

·
Registered
2008 Lotus Exige-S 240
1,408 Posts
The dash switches between kph and your trip odometer. kph will stay kph (digital), while the speedo should be in MPH. You will see that when you get the supplimental 08 manual. Did you get it from a dealer? If so make them order one up for you.

I don't believe you have read as much Lotus Talk as you said you have because you are obligated to post pics of your car and you did not do so. ;)

Congrats and enjoy the car!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was out driving and taking some pictures between my two posts this morning. Between work and the bad Chicago weather, I hadn't been able to take any.

Here ya go.....

:shift:

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
your injectors are 440s with 160 fuel pump

·
Registered
803 Posts
more information...

-Do I have TPMS on my car ?

-my Digital display on my car reads in kph, how can I switch to mph ?

-I know most of the upgrades on my car over a 2007 version ( ie; full roof scoop, larger injectors ((550’s, right ? )), upgraded brakes fr/rear, adj traction control, Launch control (( I know not to use this or will void the warranty )), new dash panel color with 3 separate shift lights ). Am I missing anything ?
Yes, you do have TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) on your car. There is a sensor included in the valve stem. (Search will show you a way to circumvent it if you go with multiple sets of wheels.) The error display will take over your fuel tank level every 30 seconds if you have a TPMS fault.

The digital display only reads in kilometers per hour, trip odometer, or slip angle if you adjust the traction control. Miles per hour is only by needle.

You also have an adjustable sway bar associated with the Track Pack. Other rolling changes include the new dash layout and red digital display (Legible in direct sun!), day time running lights, air condition settings saved, and new shift lever chassis and new shift cables. These latter really change the feel and play in the shift pattern.

Michael

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the responses and thanks TJ for emailing me the 2008 supplemental manual.

Currently out of the country for 10 days, I keep dreaming of the Exige then wake up realizing I'm 8000 miles away from it. All i have are photo's of it to get me by.

I think I miss my Exige more than my kids,,,, j/k.

Great forum, great people.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts