The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I am no longer officially with any dealer, I wanted to pass this along to the community. These cars represent a very limited edition production of 60th anniversary cars. Only 40 will be produced for the North American market. They feature exclusive interiors and exteriors and are the only Elise available with the track package for 2008!

Call or e-mail your dealer ASAP to secure one of these rare cars. PM me if you have any questions.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
How can you have Track and Sport pack?

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Couple of notes........

You can not get track pack on a 2008 Elise. Only the Exige has this option. This is one of the ways that these cars offer a great value.

The track pack was always an upgrade to the sports pack. Without the sport option, you could never order the track pack.

The stripes are painted which is a pretty big deal as most stripes are vinyl. Also, the cars come with special interiors and black pack wheels which are no longer an option for regular cars.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Couple of notes........

You can not get track pack on a 2008 Elise. Only the Exige has this option. This is one of the ways that these cars offer a great value.

The track pack was always an upgrade to the sports pack. Without the sport option, you could never order the track pack.

The stripes are painted which is a pretty big deal as most stripes are vinyl. Also, the cars come with special interiors and black pack wheels which are no longer an option for regular cars.
I don't understand, don't the track pack parts essentially replace all the sport pack parts and add a few things (harness bar, toe link brace)? So before you had to pay the money for the sport pack springs/shock upgrade, dual oil coolers AND the money for track pack only to just get track pack parts?

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I'd like to see an interior shot, since they say the interior will complement the exterior. Lotus has really done a good job on the interiors on these limited edition versions...

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Thanks Robert. A Lotus dealer would have a great asset if they hired you. Well, actually, Lotus USA would have a great asset if they hired you. (Hope you're reading this Lotus USA) ;)

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't understand, don't the track pack parts essentially replace all the sport pack parts and add a few things (harness bar, toe link brace)? So before you had to pay the money for the sport pack springs/shock upgrade, dual oil coolers AND the money for track pack only to just get track pack parts?
That's they way it used to work. For 2008, the track pack only has the upgraded adjustable shocks and is much less than the package used to be (now $1,700+/-). The sports pack went up to $2,600 for 2008 but now includes the harness bar, dual oil coolers, track brace, adjustable anti-sway bar, traction control and on the Elise Lotus Sport seats.

Its important to remember that the sport pack also upgrades the wheels and tires which alone were more than the cost of the sport pack in value last year.

·
Registered
545 Posts
This looks like a pretty cool and good deal, exciting to see.

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Robert. A Lotus dealer would have a great asset if they hired you. Well, actually, Lotus USA would have a great asset if they hired you. (Hope you're reading this Lotus USA) ;)
Thanks for the prop.

I love Lotus. They have been very good to me and the past few months being away from the company officially as a dealer rep has been very tough. I miss working with many of you on a daily basis. Mazda is a great company and they have a fantastic product but the job is very different. If the right opportunity presented itself, I would seriously consider returning.

The second half of your comment I feel I must respond to as well.

Lotus Cars USA has had a significant metamorphosis in the past 6 months. The team there now is beyond reproach. They are passionate, knowledgeable and true LOTUS enthusiasts. The community needs to be aware that we have the best team in place at LCU since the launch of the Elise.

·
Registered
234 Posts
It seems like if you wanted an Elise SC set up exactly like this offer, you are getting it at a discount with all that is being thrown in.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I think I will wait for the 60.5 year Type R edition, it should be announced next month :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
The second half of your comment I feel I must respond to as well.

Lotus Cars USA has had a significant metamorphosis in the past 6 months. The team there now is beyond reproach. They are passionate, knowledgeable and true LOTUS enthusiasts. The community needs to be aware that we have the best team in place at LCU since the launch of the Elise.
Sorry to hijack your thread Robert. But I also noticed the improvements over the last 6 months (updated websites and loyalty coupon as a good gesture to existing customers) and suspected the enthusiasts were running the place. :panic:

For one thing, Lotus USA hired Abe Reyes (formerly with SouthBay Lotus) who is also a Lotus enthusiast and has a proved track record in selling the car and the brand. And since you're like the East Coast version of Abe, that's why I also think you'd be an added value too.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts