The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, I test drove it as per your instructions, looked underneath, and all around the engine bay. Of course, after test driving it, I knew this was the one. I BOUGHT IT :coolnana:. Drove it from Columbia, SC to Greenville, SC and in many places was doing about 110 :D. She drives like a dream. Makes the '84 seem like a Model A. OK, it is a one owner car and I know who owned it. "Auto-Check" and "Car Fax" both reveal no "recorded" incidents. My personal inspection also revealed that this car seems to be very well sorted. I have just about every record from new and all of the maintenance stamps from '94 through Feb. of 2012 are in the owners manual where they should be. It was ordered WITHOUT the rear wing and visual inspection of the engine bay cover reveals that there never was one installed. Rear diffuser was special ordered, but I think it was one that would've been installed on a V8. The only thing missing is the battery cover and bag the "sun-roof" is stored in. Oh, and the Heyco flat-head screwdriver. Now, I did notice one flaw. It could've been major, or not. I won't know until I speak with the original owner. The left rear quarter panel has been re-sprayed. Very, very well done and impossible to notice without very close scrutinization, but there's a masking line up at the rear side window. You have to look hard to see it. The door on the driver's side seems to have had something done to it also 'cause the spaces between it and the body aren't as tollerant as they are on the passenger side. It very well couldve been smashed in the side at one time -eek-. On a regular car, that might be reason for concern, but due to Esprit's frame, I'm not too concerned. Like I said, I looked underneath and it looks fine. Pictures will follow :up:.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well Done!!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Glad you're enjoying the new ride.

The roof bag of my car was missing when the PO brought it and he went to an 'Art Store' and purchased a large canvas bag which does the job very well.
It even has handles so placing it it the boot is a breeze. It has two compartments in which one he put some heat shield material to protect the roof from engine heat.

I have a tool kit from that era I purchased on eBay a few years ago which is complete, not sure if it's exactly the same as yours. It comes with tools, bulbs, fuses, I had to replace a couple of bulbs and fuses to make it complete. If your interested PM me.

Cheers,
Robert

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Congrats on the new car! I am close to closing a deal on a V8, so I know how exciting it is to get a new car in the family.

So are you going to add a wing? I really do like the S4s/early V8 wing the best, so that's what I would add. Or I also like the wingless V8 models that have the bigger rear spoiler.

Is it hard to find the bigger spoiler to add to an Esprit? I would be tempted to take off my wing and add the bigger spoiler if it's not cost prohibitive.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, I like it without the wing.
Maybe some 36" rims with spinners, though.rotfl

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
1 - 8 of 8 Posts